Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 6.07:
13 Aug 2017
- 4t Niagara Software
Tags:minimize minimizer tray 4t icon admin
4t Tray Minimizer
6.07 | Updated: 13 Aug 2017
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
4t Tray Minimizer
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved as a trusted package on 09 Jul 2020.
4t Tray Minimizer is a lightweight but powerful window manager, which helps you to free up space on the desktop and the taskbar via the following actions:
- Minimize To Tray - any application can be minimized to the system tray.
- Roll Up/Roll Down - you can roll up any window to its title bar.
- Make Transparent - you can make a window semi-transparent and take a look at foreground windows.
- Hide/Show The System Tray - hides the system tray.
The Pro version allows you to control the behavior of your favorite applications: how and when they will be minimized to tray; customize its keyboards shortcuts for launching, restoring or hiding actions; minimize them to tray at start up and more...
Some benefits of the Pro version:
- Would you like to hide your favorite program instead of closing, because it is loading for a long time and you don't want to wait while it will be launched next time? You can redefine the reaction to its close button click and it will be minimized to tray instead of closing. Next time it will be restored much more quickly.
- You can define one hot key to launch, restore and hide the favorite application. When you press the hot key you don't care where your favorite application right now is: it will be launched if it was not running yet; it will be brought up if it was inactive or minimized to tray
The Free and the Pro versions let you to customize the hot keys both for the standard windows actions and for 4t Tray Minimizer actions:
- Minimize All Windows hot key, Minimize Window and Maximize Window hot keys
- Minimize To Tray hot key, Hide Window hot key, Minimize All Windows To Tray hot key, Roll Up/Roll Down hot key and more...
$packageName = '4t-tray-minimizer' $installerType = 'EXE' $url = 'http://www.4t-niagara.com/files/4t-min.exe' $silentArgs = '/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-' $validExitCodes = @(0) Install-ChocolateyPackage $packageName $installerType $silentArgs $url -Checksum 83a98299d004ca3c322df167a5d35c377e92d1ee8aea94bf15b07cff4176913d -ChecksumType 'sha256' -validExitCodes $validExitCodes
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about 4t Tray Minimizer and the 4t Tray Minimizer package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or 4t Tray Minimizer, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.