Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 18.12:
05 Feb 2019
- Jérôme Martinez
Tags:media info tag metadata file-formats file-analysis cli
This is not the latest version of MediaInfo CLI available.
18.12 | Updated: 05 Feb 2019
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved as a trusted package on 08 May 2019.
MediaInfo CLI (Command Line Interface) supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. Supports many audio and video formats, with different methods of viewing information.
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, language, bit rate...
- Text: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- Customise these viewing formats
- Export information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: display any language on any operating system
- Localisation capability (for which volunteers are needed - please contact me!)
$packageName = 'mediainfo-cli' $url = 'http://mediaarea.net/download/binary/mediainfo/18.12/MediaInfo_CLI_18.12_Windows_i386.zip' $checksum = '5674ed5456e9f54886fc32c099e32cf3bea47743d99f7a09313b1d70aae819ac' $checksumType = 'sha256' $url64 = 'http://mediaarea.net/download/binary/mediainfo/18.12/MediaInfo_CLI_18.12_Windows_x64.zip' $checksum64 = '39b198a5992840da68f21755d7c806cf2659a7288f7fccff3f573178014ce0db' $checksumType64 = 'sha256' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- mediainfo-cli.18.12.nupkg (4529ba00fab2) - ## / 60
- MediaInfo_CLI_18.12_Windows_x64.zip (39b198a59928) - ## / 58
- MediaInfo_CLI_18.12_Windows_i386.zip (5674ed5456e9) - ## / 59
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|MediaInfo CLI 21.03||517||Friday, March 26, 2021||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 20.09||687||Friday, October 9, 2020||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 20.08||382||Tuesday, August 11, 2020||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 20.03||579||Friday, April 3, 2020||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 19.09||338||Wednesday, February 19, 2020||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 19.04||721||Wednesday, May 15, 2019||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 18.12||415||Tuesday, February 5, 2019||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 18.08.1||349||Wednesday, November 21, 2018||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 18.03.1||501||Friday, March 30, 2018||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 17.12||299||Wednesday, February 21, 2018||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 17.10||353||Tuesday, December 19, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.99||420||Wednesday, September 27, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.98||337||Tuesday, August 22, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.97||330||Tuesday, July 18, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.96||361||Wednesday, June 7, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.95||354||Thursday, May 4, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.93||366||Thursday, March 2, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.92.1||338||Thursday, February 2, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.92||298||Tuesday, January 31, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.91||303||Friday, January 27, 2017||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.89||407||Thursday, October 20, 2016||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.87||358||Friday, July 1, 2016||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.86||312||Tuesday, May 31, 2016||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.85||328||Friday, April 29, 2016||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.84||293||Tuesday, April 12, 2016||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.83||306||Monday, February 29, 2016||Approved|
|MediaInfo CLI 0.7.82||321||Wednesday, February 10, 2016||Approved|
© 2002 MediaArea.net SARL
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about MediaInfo CLI and the MediaInfo CLI package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or MediaInfo CLI, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.