Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.2:
22 Apr 2013
- Michael Field
- Ethan Brown
Tags:devbox admin path binroot
Devbox Common Settings
1.0.2 | Updated: 22 Apr 2013
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Devbox Common Settings
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
This package performs miscellaneous actions to customize your command line experience.
1. Set environment variable « chocolatey_bin_root » to C:\Tools, only if it's not already set. Some packages that would otherwise install into system root will look for this variable. Packages that behave in this way are: Ruby, Python etc - almost any package that is not comfortable with spaces in filenames.
2. Permanently sets HOME environment variable to a valid value, if not already set.
3. Installs « setenv » command that refreshes environment variables without the need to restart command shell. Sometimes very useful.
4. Establishes a flexible system of auto-run include files, specified in user's home directory. After that, any file residing in home directory looking like « .bashrc.include.*.bat » gets auto-executed at every command shell start.
Automatic uninstall procedure is included in this package, so you don't need to manually reverse whatever actions installer did. This procedure will unset « chocolatey_bin_root » variable (1.) but will not do anything to remove effects of (2.), (3.) and (4.) because these settings are very unobtrusive.
NOTE: Phrase « Devbox » in a name of this package is used as signature to indicate high quality standards. Functionally, the package is the same as any other Chocolatey package.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- Devbox-Common.1.0.2.nupkg (8d4127e09815) - ## / 56
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Devbox Common Settings 1.0.2||11556||Monday, April 22, 2013||Unknown|
- This discussion is only about Devbox Common Settings and the Devbox Common Settings package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Devbox Common Settings, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.