Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 9.07:
23 Apr 2013
This is not the latest version of Ghostscript.app available.
9.07 | Updated: 23 Apr 2013
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing Unknown
Scan Testing Successful:
No detections found in any package files
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
Ghostscript is a package of software that provides:
- An interpreter for the PostScript (TM) language, with the ability to convert PostScript language files to many raster formats, view them on displays, and print them on printers that don't have PostScript language capability built in;
- An interpreter for Portable Document Format (PDF) files, with the same abilities;
- The ability to convert PostScript language files to PDF (with some limitations) and vice versa; and
- A set of C procedures (the Ghostscript library) that implement the graphics and filtering (data compression / decompression / conversion) capabilities that appear as primitive operations in the PostScript language and in PDF.
Ghostscript is written entirely in C, with special care taken to make it run properly on a wide variety of systems, including MS Windows, Apple MacOS, the wide variety of Unix and Unix-like platforms and VMS systems.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- Ghostscript.app.9.07.nupkg (134ff1e56426) - ## / 57
- gs907w64.exe (b2c0be0a963a) - ## / 56
- gs907w32.exe (18feb7c61dd1) - ## / 56
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.54.0||64967||Tuesday, March 30, 2021||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.53.3||85385||Thursday, October 1, 2020||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.53.1||20579||Monday, September 14, 2020||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.53.0||9100||Thursday, September 10, 2020||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.52||78754||Thursday, March 19, 2020||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.50||88738||Tuesday, October 15, 2019||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.27||97622||Thursday, April 4, 2019||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.26||48061||Tuesday, November 20, 2018||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.25||39052||Thursday, September 13, 2018||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.24||17437||Monday, September 3, 2018||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.23||92408||Wednesday, March 21, 2018||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.22||91183||Wednesday, October 4, 2017||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 22.214.171.12470331||130311||Friday, March 31, 2017||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.21||14301||Thursday, March 16, 2017||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.20||92049||Monday, September 26, 2016||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.19||24136||Sunday, May 8, 2016||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.18||9860||Monday, October 5, 2015||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 126.96.36.19970513||516||Saturday, May 13, 2017||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.16||11147||Monday, March 30, 2015||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.15||5157||Monday, September 22, 2014||Approved|
|Ghostscript (Install) 188.8.131.5240912||584||Friday, September 12, 2014||Unknown|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.14||1388||Thursday, March 27, 2014||Unknown|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.12||439||Tuesday, March 25, 2014||Unknown|
|Ghostscript (Install) 9.10||1023||Tuesday, September 3, 2013||Unknown|
|Ghostscript.app 9.07||10460||Tuesday, April 23, 2013||Unknown|
Copyright 2013 Artifex Software, Inc
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Ghostscript.app and the Ghostscript.app package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Ghostscript.app, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.