Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.10.0:
20 May 2017
Tags:git-credential-manager-for-windows admin git github
This is not the latest version of Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows available.
1.10.0 | Updated: 20 May 2017
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is not the latest version of Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows available.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved as a trusted package on 20 Jul 2017.
The Git Credential Manager for Windows (GCM) provides secure Git credential storage for Windows. It's the successor to the Windows Credential Store for Git (git-credential-winstore), which is no longer maintained. Compared to Git's built-in credential storage for Windows (wincred), which provides single-factor authentication support working on any HTTP enabled Git repository, GCM provides multi-factor authentication support for Visual Studio Team Services, Team Foundation Server, and GitHub.
This project includes:
- Secure password storage in the Windows Credential Store
- Multi-factor authentication support for Visual Studio Team Services
- Two-factor authentication support for GitHub
- Personal Access Token generation and usage support for Visual Studio Team Services and GitHub
- Non-interactive mode support for Visual Studio Team Services backed by Azure Directory
- Kerberos authentication for Team Foundation Server
- Optional settings for Docs/Automation.md
How to use
There are many ways to contribute.
- Submit bugs and help us verify fixes as they are checked in.
- Review code changes.
- Contribute bug fixes and features.
For code contributions, you will need to complete a Contributor License Agreement (CLA). Briefly, this agreement testifies that you grant us permission to use the submitted change according to the terms of the project's license, and that the work being submitted is under the appropriate copyright.
Please submit a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) before submitting a pull request. You may visit <https://cla.microsoft.com> to sign digitally. Alternatively, download the agreement Microsoft Contribution License Agreement.pdf, sign, scan, and email it back to <[email protected]>. Be sure to include your GitHub user name along with the agreement. Once we have received the signed CLA, we'll review the request.
Code of Conduct
This project uses the MIT License
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; # stop on all errors Install-ChocolateyPackage -packageName 'Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows' -FileType exe -SilentArgs '/SILENT /NORESTART' -Url 'https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases/download/v1.10.0/GCMW-1.10.0.exe' -checksum '0C34A861CEE7C905B1EC660A9933AB60394C83A26223F17E519A3DCB880A429C' -checksumType 'sha256'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows.1.10.0.nupkg (474ce984aef8) - ## / 58
- GCMW-1.10.0.exe (0c34a861cee7) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.20.0||98031||Friday, September 6, 2019||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.19.0||37931||Wednesday, March 13, 2019||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.18.5||920||Tuesday, March 12, 2019||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.18.4||13072||Monday, January 7, 2019||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.18.3||6898||Saturday, November 3, 2018||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.18.2||1092||Saturday, October 13, 2018||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.18.1||495||Tuesday, October 9, 2018||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.18.0||668||Monday, October 1, 2018||Approved|
|Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.17.2||848||Sunday, September 23, 2018||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.16.3||1741||Tuesday, August 28, 2018||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.15.2||5921||Thursday, April 5, 2018||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.15.0||17794||Saturday, March 10, 2018||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.14.0||4327||Friday, December 8, 2017||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.12.0||5214||Monday, August 7, 2017||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.10.1||1061||Friday, July 21, 2017||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.10.0||2667||Saturday, May 20, 2017||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.9.1||2360||Friday, April 7, 2017||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.9.0||1486||Tuesday, March 14, 2017||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.8.0||2588||Tuesday, January 10, 2017||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.5.0||6049||Thursday, July 14, 2016||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.2.2||1707||Sunday, March 27, 2016||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.1.0||1697||Friday, February 12, 2016||Approved|
|Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows 1.0.0||2354||Sunday, December 6, 2015||Approved|
In this release:
- Atlassian Bitbucket multi-factor authentication via OAuth support added (thanks @mminns).
- GitHub Enterprise multi-factor authentication supported added (thanks @NickCraver).
- Fixed an issue with auto detection failing to detect NTLM support and falling back to Basic Authentication.
- Fixed an issue with auto detection of NTLM failing when the parallel query responses arrived simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue with git-askpass.exe where credential lookup would fail when Git provided a username as part of the Url.
To install the Git Credential Manager, download and double-click the
GCMW-1.10.0.exe installer. It is that easy, it will even install Git for Windows 2.13.0) and the Microsoft .Net Framework for you if necessary.
For non-installation or custom installation needs, download the
gcmw-v1.10.0.zip archive and expand its contents. Use the included
install.cmd or options provided via
git-credential-manager install to complete setup.
- This discussion is only about Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows and the Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.