Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.00:
17 May 2018
- Bill Curran
Tags:bcurran3 instchoco choco chocolatey unofficial installer portable
(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable)
This is not the latest version of (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) available.
2.00 | Updated: 17 May 2018
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable)
This is not the latest version of (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) available.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 17 May 2018.
InstChoco - The ULTIMATE Chocolatey and Chocolatey packages (re)installer!
QUESTION: "Why do I need an installer for Chocolatey when I already have Chocolatey installed?"
ANSWER: You need InstChoco for the NEXT time you want to install Chocolatey and automate package (re)installation!
InstChoco is the evolution of an old batch file I used over the years to automate installing Chocolatey followed by a bunch of "choco install program -y" commands to install my standard set of packages. I eventually decided to make it a program and add many additional features as well as integrate with other Chocolatey packages I've created. What you see now is the culmination of many long days of work. I think InstChoco is the best it can be, but I'm always open to new features. Feel free to contact me with feedback. You can find InstChoco.exe in \ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\instchoco\tools.
- InstChoco uses ferventcoder/Rob's "Install with cmd.exe" method for installing Chocolatey.
- InstChoco will enable up to four choco features if you pass them as parameters, i.e. allowGlobalConfirmation, failOnAutoUninstaller, allowEmptyChecksums, useRememberedArgumentsForUpgrades, etc.
- InstChoco can download a packages.config file from the Internet and install packages from that downloaded file.
- InstChoco will automatically search for a PACKAGES.CONFIG file in various locations on your computer and install packages from it if found.
- InstChoco has baked in support for Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud. InstChoco will use the first found PACKAGES.CONFIG in the following order: current directory, Documents folder, HOMESHARE, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloudDrive, OneDrive, ReadyCLOUD, Nextcloud, Resilio Sync, Seafile, or Tonido Sync.
- InstChoco has baked in support for Choco Persistent Packages. InstChoco will use PERSISTANTPACKAGES.CONFIG and install packages from it if found.
- InstChoco has a baked in mini version of Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud to backup a list of your installed Chocolatey packages.
- InstChoco has baked in support for Windows Active Directory domains. InstChoco will use various PACKAGES.CONFIG files based on domain and user account to install packages from them if found. Now you can easily standardize your organization with base Chocolatey package installs.
SPECIAL FEATURES FOR WINDOWS ACTIVE DIRECTORY DOMAINS:
- InstChoco will use DOMAINNAMEPACKAGES.CONFIG and install packages from it if found. This allows Windows AD domain joined computers to have a commonly installed base setup of Chocolatey packages across all organizational computers. To use this feature, system administrators of Windows AD domains need to create a DOMAINNAMEPACKAGES.CONFIG file and put it in your logon server's NETLOGON directory; i.e. \LOGONSERVER\NETLOGON\DOMAINNAMEPACKAGES.CONFIG
- InstChoco will use USERNAMEPACKAGES.CONFIG and install packages from it if found. This allows users of Windows AD domain joined computers to have their own specific Chocolatey packages installed for them, useful for first time setup and roaming users. To use this feature, system administrators or users of Windows AD domains need to create a USERNAMEPACKAGES.CONFIG file and put it in the root of the user's HOMESHARE; i.e. \LOGONSERVER\HOMESHARE\USERNAMEPACKAGES.CONFIG
Usage - please see Release Notes below (ran out of space).
md5: 0AD2B16BEE5E323283450B33C575E9AE | sha1: 80E24C204556A281C05E491A2BE0330BC36DFD7B | sha256: 87AC9E9E30193268058476E72DDA9593E4FDB795AC76029B70A5217FB63A436E | sha512: 6B66A873612EC733DC1A5FAE16652F062A3BD994D29CB54AD8961ABBF44ABD13D3E086A3EE3635913EE907D16AC2A23BE60B44A6056D1656ADAA02D370F5DBC8
==================== InstChoco ==================== InstChoco is Copyright 2018 Bill Curran and is free for personal use, though donations are appreciated. Commercial use of InstChoco is forbidden without a paid license. Organizations who purchase an InstChoco license will receive a customized version of InstChoco with their organization's name embedded in the program and without corporate nag screens. To inquire about purchasing a license, please contact [email protected] ==================== InstChoco ====================
==================== InstChoco ==================== This InstChoco Chocolatey package was uploaded by the author, Bill Curran aka BCURRAN3. v2.00 sha256: 87AC9E9E30193268058476E72DDA9593E4FDB795AC76029B70A5217FB63A436E v1.30 sha256: D9B593CF4EBC390360DE1BA801103D0A3208F1602C2B10072500D80E09FF74DE v1.21 sha256: 59498D9BB5AECB5EFE022F544D3537C5C3886C4478B1711FFDE2666AF0F83D75 v1.20 sha256: C41F13CDDA1B147F3B41E5C9F9FE4B9A5BFA8C9AFD722A23DF579D485F241354 v1.10 sha256: 4FD57C57A7F7BEC7891AD8CB8D645126336965F7151EB0B514E8A6F49DDF4076 v1.00 sha256: 99366BD182946F7AAAF0070244F8F96CC160274E85892F5AD3D54F658444908B ==================== InstChoco ====================
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.11||5095||Monday, July 15, 2019||Approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.10||1007||Sunday, February 24, 2019||Approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.02||1061||Tuesday, May 22, 2018||Approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.01||276||Sunday, May 20, 2018||Approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.00||298||Thursday, May 17, 2018||Approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 1.10||249||Tuesday, January 30, 2018||Approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 1.00||461||Saturday, August 19, 2017||Approved|
Copyright 2018 Bill Curran
OPTIONS AND SWITCHES:
-help, -?, /?
Displays this information.
Installs Chocolatey and packages if a PACKAGES.CONFIG file is found.
-y -s URL
Installs Chocolatey and packages from specificed URL, i.e. http://website.com/directory/packagefilename.config
Installs Chocolatey and packages from a file you choose via Window's browser, interaction required.
Installs Chocolatey and a few popular packages.
Installs Chocolatey but no packages.
Makes a backup list of your currently installed Chocolatey packages.
Makes a backup list of your currently installed Chocolatey packages with versions.
Displays InstChoco program information.
Displays InstChoco license information.
Optional - You may pass up to 4 choco features to enable after other options and switches,
i.e. allowGlobalConfirmation failOnAutoUninstaller allowEmptyChecksums useRememberedArgumentsForUpgrades
- 2.00 - Added -browse, -popular, -backup, -backupwithversions, -license options as well as many cosmetic changes. Added iCloudDrive support. Commercial use of InstChoco v2+ requires a paid license.
- 1.30 - Added ability to download a packages.config file from the web and install packages from it.
- 1.21 - Added Box, Nextcloud, and Seafile support to catch up with choco-package-list-backup.
- 1.20 - Added domain support to install predefined packages for domain joined computers and user specific packages.
- 1.11 - (unreleased) Added -ynp switch to skip installation of packages. (Install Chocolatey only)
- 1.10 - Added Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud and choco persistent packages support for package (re)installation. Cosmetic changes. Checks for year 2018 or greater instead of 2017 or greater. Updated donation info. :)
- 1.00 - initial release
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) and the (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.