Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.00:
18 Oct 2012
- Andre Berg
Tags:monospace truetype programming font
Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing FailedDetails
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
Meslo LG is a customized version of Apple’s Menlo-Regular font
(which is a customized Bitstream Vera Sans Mono).
In Snow Leopard, Menlo-Regular is now the preferred and default font for Apple’s
developer tools and also the Terminal (unless you changed the font settings for
these apps yourself before upgrading to SL – your changes will stay in place).
I really like Menlo but I do have my nitpicky gripes with it:
* The default vertical (line) spacing is just way to cramped for me, and also
* I am not particularily fond of the horizontal baseline alignment of the asterisk.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros 1.00||3069||Thursday, October 18, 2012||Unknown|
Meslo has changed it’s name to Meslo LG which now includes three variants:
small, medium and large.
LG stands for Line Gap, so there’s one variant for smaller vertical line spacing,
more towards Apple’s Menlo, a normal line gap (which equals Meslo v0.1) and
a large gap, which is more than twice the space of Apple’s Menlo.
In addition to Regular, there’s Italic, Bold and Bold Italic font styles
included for each LG variant.
Tweaked the ascender/descender/line gap relationship a bit for better layout
at marginal smaller font sizes and prominent font styles (such as Bold and
Bold Italic). Things line underlines should be better to perceive now for
the font styles.
The asterisk (*) was tweaked for all font styles.
This includes making it line up with all alignment zones for similar height
symbol characters and fixing Menlo’s absence of a slanting angle for the italic
and bold italic font styles while maintaining the readability at all sizes.
Added a dotted zero version of Meslo LG which is called Meslo LG DZ.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros and the Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.