Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.4.0:
06 Jul 2021
- Natron Team.
Tags:natron compositing vfx motion graphic
Natron Open-Source Compositing Software
2.4.0 | Updated: 06 Jul 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Natron Open-Source Compositing Software
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator TheCakeIsNaOH on 25 Jul 2021.
CROSS PLATFORM & OPEN-SOURCE COMPOSITOR
FOR VISUAL EFFECTS AND MOTION GRAPHICS INDUSTRY
Natron is a powerful Digital Compositor that can handle of your 2D/2.5D needs. Its robust OIIO file formats and OpenFX architecture is what make Natron the most flexible open source compositor for the visual effects community. Its interface and functionally are the same across all platforms such as MacOS, Linux and Windows. Natron has a powerful keying, roto/rotopaint, 2D tracking tools that are staple for all current film production project that requires visual effects.
The development of Natron was supported by Inria from 2013 to 2018.
On the surface Natron has a powerful GUI interface that is a flexible and intuitive multi-platform node based engine. Natron may seem to be a simple compositing application but it does have layers of complexity that will allow your creativity to reach new heights. Natron has flexible Roto and Rotopaint tool-set that can generate unlimited layers of masks, mattes and shapes. Natron has a powerful 2D and Planar tracker to help reduce hours of rotoscoping to meet personal or client deadlines. It has some strong keying or matte generation tools that has been developed from the main OFX software developers and a plethora of tools from the open source plugin developing community.
Multi-layered rotoscoping with stroke capability.
Powerful 2D and Planar tracker for tracking jobs.
POWERFUL KEYING TOOL
Natron offers various keying tools for your production needs.
CURVE & DOPE-SHEET EDITOR
Powerful curve and dope-sheet Editor with fluid interface.
GPU & NETWORK RENDERING
GPU and Network rendering capability for faster production.
Natron is a listed Open-source OFX host. More about OFX
SHADERTOY & G'MIC OFX PLUGINS
Shadertoy & G'MIC is also with us. Powerful and feature-rich community
over 250 and ever increasing community plugins Here
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- Natron.2.4.0.nupkg (1af2e6197aec) - ## / 61
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 2.4.0||357||Tuesday, July 6, 2021||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 2.3.15||662||Friday, June 12, 2020||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 18.104.22.16890807||956||Wednesday, August 7, 2019||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 2.3.14||246||Thursday, May 30, 2019||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 22.214.171.124||724||Sunday, December 6, 2015||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 1.2.1||441||Saturday, March 14, 2015||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 126.96.36.199||334||Wednesday, August 5, 2015||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 1.2.0||379||Wednesday, February 11, 2015||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 1.1.0||336||Monday, January 19, 2015||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 188.8.131.52||379||Saturday, January 10, 2015||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 184.108.40.206||368||Monday, November 10, 2014||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 220.127.116.11||455||Saturday, October 18, 2014||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 1.0.0||420||Saturday, September 20, 2014||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 0.9.6.1||362||Sunday, August 3, 2014||Approved|
|Natron Open-Source Compositing Software 0.9.6||377||Sunday, August 3, 2014||Approved|
|Natron OPEN-SOURCE COMPOSITING SOFTWARE 0.9.4||369||Sunday, June 29, 2014||Approved|
Copyright © Natron 2018
- This discussion is only about Natron Open-Source Compositing Software and the Natron Open-Source Compositing Software package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Natron Open-Source Compositing Software, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.