Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.0.1:
21 Feb 2015
- Duane Edwards
Tags:powershell windows explorer right click menu
This is not the latest version of PowerShell Here available.
0.0.1 | Updated: 21 Feb 2015
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing Unknown
Scan Testing Successful:
No detections found in any package files
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 19 Mar 2015.
Adds a 'PowerShell Here' option to the right click menu of Windows Explorer when right clicking folders, drives or the background of an explorer window
# OpenHere.ps1 # Write registry keys to add a 'PowerShell Here' option to the Windows Explorer right click menu. # Create (or overwrite) the key and populate the value to appear in the menu. $pspath = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoExit" # for right clicking on folders New-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\PSOpenHere -force Set-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\PSOpenHere "Open PowerShell Here" New-item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\PSOpenHere\command -force Set-item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\PSOpenHere\command "$pspath Set-Location '%L'" # for right clicking on drives New-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\PSOpenHere -force Set-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\PSOpenHere "Open PowerShell Here" New-item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\PSOpenHere\command -force Set-item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\PSOpenHere\command "$pspath Set-Location '%L'" # for right clicking on the background of folders New-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\PSOpenHere -force Set-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\PSOpenHere "Open PowerShell Here" New-item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\PSOpenHere\command -force Set-item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\PSOpenHere\command "$pspath"
# OpenHere.ps1 # Write registry keys to add a 'PowerShell Here' option to the Windows Explorer right click menu. # Create (or overwrite) the key and populate the value to appear in the menu. # for right clicking on folders Remove-Item -Recurse HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\PSOpenHere -force #Remove-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\PSOpenHere\command -force # for right clicking on drives Remove-Item -Recurse HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\PSOpenHere -force #Remove-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\PSOpenHere\command -force # for right clicking on the background of folders Remove-Item -Recurse HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\PSOpenHere -force #Remove-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\PSOpenHere\command -force
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about PowerShell Here and the PowerShell Here package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or PowerShell Here, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.