Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 11.0.2318.0:
27 Jul 2012
Tags:SqlServer Sql Express LocalDb admin
Sql Server Express LocalDb
11.0.2318.0 | Updated: 27 Jul 2012
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Sql Server Express LocalDb
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was approved by moderator mwrock on 26 Oct 2014.
===== SQL Server Express LocalDB =====
LocalDB is a lightweight deployment option for SQL Server Express Edition with fewer prerequisites that installs very quickly. This makes it ideal for developers who need an embedded SQL Server database for desktop applications or tools. LocalDB has all of the same programmability features as SQL Server Express, but runs in-process with applications and not as a service.
===== Integrated =====
LocalDB is designed to be bundled with and function as an integrated part of tools or desktop applications that need a lightweight local database runtime. This includes tools like SQL Server Data Tools, or custom developed desktop applications, or tools that need a lightweight single-user database runtime that supports full Transact-SQL functionality.
===== Simple =====
Apps that use LocalDB simply open a file. Once a file is opened, you get SQL Server functionality when working with that file, including things like ACID transaction support. The app that opens the file has exclusive use. It�s not intended for multi-user scenarios or to be used as a server. (If you need that, you should install SQL Server Express.)
===== Easy Acquisition =====
LocalDB is easy to download, install, and manage. It installs as a small shared component instead of a service.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- SqlServerLocalDb.11.0.2318.0.nupkg (272aca86c9db) - ## / 56
- SqlLocalDB.MSI (53b0b03fad0a) - ## / 55
- SqlLocaLDB.MSI (3311146e99d8) - ## / 55
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Sql Server Express LocalDb 11.0.2318.0||69802||Friday, July 27, 2012||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Sql Server Express LocalDb and the Sql Server Express LocalDb package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Sql Server Express LocalDb, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.