Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 8.01:
12 Feb 2013
- Christian Ghisler
Tags:Total Commander File Disk Manager
This is not the latest version of Total Commander available.
8.01 | Updated: 12 Feb 2013
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
There are versions of this package awaiting moderation . See the Version History section below.
This package was approved by moderator purity on 27 Mar 2020.
Total Commander is a file manager replacement for Windows. Features: Drag/Drop from and to explorer/desktop. Packer shell for ZIP/ARJ/LHA/RAR/UC2/TAR/GZ/CAB/ACE. Command line, full text search also in packed files, button bar. Supports over 40 languages. FTP client, access to Network Neighborhood, Uuencode/Decode, compare, synchronize dirs. Changes: Unicode support, CHM help, names up to 1022 chars, breadcrumb bar, password safe, quick filter
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Total Commander 10.0.0.20210903||25||Friday, September 3, 2021||
Waiting for Maintainer
|Total Commander 9.51||71614||Thursday, March 26, 2020||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.50||8944||Tuesday, February 18, 2020||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.22.1||38767||Friday, March 29, 2019||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.22||3478||Thursday, March 14, 2019||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.21.1||15637||Tuesday, October 16, 2018||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.21||7692||Wednesday, August 15, 2018||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.20||5140||Wednesday, July 4, 2018||Approved|
|Total Commander 184.108.40.20680528||4640||Monday, May 28, 2018||Approved|
|Total Commander 220.127.116.1180226||10859||Monday, February 26, 2018||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.12||28267||Friday, November 24, 2017||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.10||12091||Friday, October 20, 2017||Approved|
|Total Commander 18.104.22.16870417||41964||Monday, April 17, 2017||Approved|
|Total Commander 22.214.171.12470320||6467||Monday, March 20, 2017||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.00.01.20170224||5539||Friday, February 24, 2017||Approved|
|Total Commander 9.00.01||534||Friday, February 24, 2017||Approved|
|Total Commander 8.52.01.20160421||81835||Thursday, April 21, 2016||Approved|
|Total Commander 8.52.01.20160412||978||Tuesday, April 12, 2016||Approved|
|Total Commander 8.52.01||3589||Monday, October 5, 2015||Approved|
|Total Commander 8.01||11103||Tuesday, February 12, 2013||Approved|
1995-2012 by Christian Ghisler
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Total Commander and the Total Commander package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Total Commander, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.