Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 184.108.40.206:
17 Apr 2021
Tags:microsoft visual studio visualstudio vs vs15 2017 community ide admin
Visual Studio 2017 Community
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
1 Test Passing and 1 Exempted Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing Exempt:
Due to dependencies which require reboots, this package is exempt from verification testing.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 17 Apr 2021.
Free, full-featured and extensible tool for students, open-source and individual developers.
Customizations and Optional features
By default, the package installs only the bare minimum required (the Core Editor workload). The easiest way to add more development features is to use the workload packages listed in the Release Notes section.
All package parameters are passed to the Visual Studio installer, enabling full customization of the installation. The possible parameters are described here. The package passes
--norestart --wait by default, and
--passive is specified in the package parameters.
After installing the package, more features can also be added by launching the Visual Studio Installer application from the Start Menu.
The language of the installed software can be controlled using the package parameter
The list of languages is presented here. By default, the operating system display language is used.
This command will install Visual Studio with all available workloads and optional components, display progress during the installation and specify the English language regardless of operating system settings:
choco install visualstudio2017community --package-parameters "--allWorkloads --includeRecommended --includeOptional --passive --locale en-US"
A reboot may be required after (or even before) installing/uninstalling this package.
If control over reboots is required, it is advisable to install the dependencies (esp. dotnet4.6.2 or later) first, perform a reboot if necessary, and then install this package.
Some parameters, including
--includeOptional, are only valid during the initial installation of Visual Studio and may cause failures if used during upgrade. For reliability, it is recommended to avoid using these parameters and install workloads using the workload packages listed in the Release Notes section.
Install-VisualStudio ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017community' ` -ApplicationName 'Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017' ` -Url 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/eb4282eb-23ed-42ca-8b41-935d6d91cd00/0c2c9f9b8eaed974fe05672851868bee7609231f1822ef44eb837e74591174cf/vs_Community.exe' ` -Checksum '0C2C9F9B8EAED974FE05672851868BEE7609231F1822EF44EB837E74591174CF' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -InstallerTechnology 'WillowVS2017OrLater' ` -Product 'Community' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -Preview $false
Remove-VisualStudioProduct ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017community' ` -Product 'Community' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -Preview $false
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- VisualStudio2017Community.220.127.116.11.nupkg (8ddb525608a2) - ## / 61
- vs_Community.exe (0c2c9f9b8eae) - ## / 68
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 18.104.22.168||574||Saturday, April 17, 2021||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 22.214.171.124||2233||Wednesday, March 10, 2021||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 126.96.36.199||1976||Sunday, February 14, 2021||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 188.8.131.52||2106||Wednesday, January 13, 2021||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 184.108.40.206||2160||Wednesday, December 9, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 220.127.116.11||1732||Tuesday, November 10, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 18.104.22.168||1721||Sunday, October 18, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 22.214.171.124||2080||Friday, September 11, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 126.96.36.199||1792||Monday, August 24, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 188.8.131.52||2188||Friday, July 24, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 184.108.40.206||4890||Friday, May 15, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 220.127.116.11||2351||Wednesday, April 15, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 18.104.22.168||2611||Wednesday, March 11, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 22.214.171.124||2494||Wednesday, February 12, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 126.96.36.199||1420||Sunday, February 2, 2020||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 188.8.131.52||7442||Wednesday, December 11, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 184.108.40.206||5455||Wednesday, October 16, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 220.127.116.11||3636||Monday, September 16, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 18.104.22.168||3694||Tuesday, August 20, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 22.214.171.124||19483||Wednesday, April 10, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 126.96.36.199||5075||Sunday, March 31, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 188.8.131.52||3964||Saturday, March 9, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 184.108.40.206||2516||Thursday, February 21, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 220.127.116.11||7215||Saturday, January 5, 2019||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 18.104.22.168||4069||Tuesday, November 27, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 22.214.171.124||1969||Saturday, November 17, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 126.96.36.199||1562||Wednesday, November 7, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 188.8.131.52||2290||Wednesday, October 17, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 184.108.40.206||1880||Tuesday, October 2, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 220.127.116.11||3859||Monday, September 3, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 18.104.22.168||1842||Thursday, August 16, 2018||Approved|
- Package metadata updated for Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9.35 (the native installer always installs the latest released Visual Studio 2017 build).
- Updated bootstrapper url.
- Added warning about parameters not valid during upgrade.
Available workload packages
- Azure development
- Data storage and processing
- Data science and analytical applications
- .NET desktop development
- Game development with Unity
- Linux development with C++
- Desktop development with C++
- Game development with C++
- Mobile development with C++
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Mobile development with .NET
- ASP.NET and web development
- Node.js development
- Office/SharePoint development
- Python development
- Universal Windows Platform development
- Visual Studio extension development
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio 2017 Community and the Visual Studio 2017 Community package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio 2017 Community, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.