Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 9.0:
14 Jul 2013
- Gilles Vollant
Tags:winimage virtualization vmware hyperv disk image ISO
9.0 | Updated: 14 Jul 2013
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 30 Mar 2016.
WinImage is a fully-fledged disk-imaging suite for easy creation, reading and editing of many image formats and fileystems, including DMF, VHD, FAT, ISO, NTFS and Linux. The disk image is an exact copy of a physical disk (floppy, CD-ROM, hard disk, USB, VHD disk, etc.) or a partition that preserves the original structure. With WinImage in place, you can recreate the disk image on the hard drive or other media, view its content, extract image-based files, add new files and directories, change the format, and defragment the image. All this and more is delivered in one intuitive user interface that enables imaging right out of the box.
The program has many utilitarian uses at home and in the office. As a serious PC user, you probably have tons of old but still useful floppy disks. With WinImage in place, you can turn them into disk images, which can be stored on the hard drive and recreated, when a need arises. In combination with a CD creating tool, WinImage can help you create your own custom boot disk with hardware diagnostic or virus cleaning software to bring a problem PC back up and running without being in Windows. As a hard-disk backup solution, WinImage allows you to save hours and even days restoring a system and configurations on a machine that has experienced a hard-disk crash or software corruption. Along with homes and offices, this ability is a must for training classes, where restoring torn down PC configurations quickly is critical.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- WinImage.9.0.nupkg (3619dcd6035f) - ## / 56
- wima6490.zip (92a35b1d1271) - ## / 56
- winima90.zip (c38e7da3a166) - ## / 55
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|WinImage 9.0||3927||Sunday, July 14, 2013||Approved|
New for version 9.00
WinImage can be used as portable software (without installation and registry modification), using Xml preference options.
Write FAT16 or Fat32 bootable image to a removable drive, after erasing, and rebuild partitition table.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about WinImage and the WinImage package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or WinImage, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.