Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.2:
29 Mar 2015
- Stefan Kueng
Tags:tray aero customization
Auto Aero Colors (AAClr)
1.0.2 | Updated: 29 Mar 2015
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Auto Aero Colors (AAClr)
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator Redsandro on 16 Jul 2015.
Windows 8 has a new feature where the Aero colors can be automatically adjusted according to the selected wallpaper.
This seems to be a nice feature, and there's even a tool available that offers that feature for Windows 7: Aura.
But there are some things about Aura that bother me, so I hacked together my own tool which offers that feature.
Unlike Aura, AAClr is written in plain C++ and doesn't use the .NET Framework. For tools that are supposed to be started automatically on logon, this ensures that the whole startup time doesn't increase by several seconds.
AAClr also detects changes in wallpapers by catching events from the system and doesn't use timers that access the wallpaper file several times a second (like Aura does). That means that AAClr is idle most of the time and only wakes up when necessary.
And about resource usage: AAClr uses less than 2MB of private bytes - I think that's not too much.
$packageName = 'aaclr' $url = 'https://stexbar.googlecode.com/files/AAClr-1.0.2.zip' $checksum = 'bd3dd74a453d4704aac112db5bdc88e7880aeeaf' $checksumType = 'sha1' $url64 = 'https://stexbar.googlecode.com/files/AAClr64-1.0.2.zip' $checksum64 = '6c2b51030bf70a5c2f15180f26e69c2343adc97a' $checksumType64 = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") -Value $null
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- aaclr.1.0.2.nupkg (53c5e9a10a6a) - ## / 55
- AAClr64-1.0.2.zip (29fdfaeebaa8) - ## / 57
- AAClr-1.0.2.zip (84f554dd12b2) - ## / 56
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Auto Aero Colors (AAClr) 1.0.2||971||Sunday, March 29, 2015||Approved|
© Stefan Kueng
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Auto Aero Colors (AAClr) and the Auto Aero Colors (AAClr) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Auto Aero Colors (AAClr), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.