Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2021.5.1:
02 Jun 2021
Tags:microsoft azure-data-studio extension powershell
Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension
2021.5.1 | Updated: 02 Jun 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing Exemption:
There's no dependency to Azure Data Studio, so that the package can be used with different installations of Azure Data Studio(User level installations, Insider builds).
The requirements to have Azure Data Studio installed, including possible ways how to get it, is listed under notes.
Scan Testing Successful:
No detections found in any package files
This package was approved as a trusted package on 02 Jun 2021.
This extension provides rich PowerShell editor support in Azure Data Studio.
Now you can write and debug PowerShell scripts using the excellent IDE-like interface that Azure Data Studio provides.
- Syntax highlighting
- Code snippets
- IntelliSense for cmdlets and more
- Rule-based analysis provided by PowerShell Script Analyzer
- Go to Definition of cmdlets and variables
- Find References of cmdlets and variables
- Document and workspace symbol discovery
- Run selected selection of PowerShell code using
- Launch online help for the symbol under the cursor using
- Basic interactive console support!
- This package requires Azure Data Studio 1.5.1 or newer.
You can install it with the azure-data-studio package.
- The extension will be installed in any edition of Azure Data Studio which could be found.
PowerShell for Visual Studio Code Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved. MIT License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ""Software""), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED *AS IS*, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. The extension has been downloaded from GitHub and can be verified like this: 1. Download the following extension: <https://github.com/PowerShell/vscode-powershell/releases/download/v2021.5.1/PowerShell-2021.5.1.vsix> 2. You can use one of the following methods to obtain the checksum - Use powershell function 'Get-Filehash' - Use chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' checksum type: sha256 checksum: B7E43DA419E333D5CC6C978359D88919B42FF8FA6760A02976CCFF076770BE6E File 'LICENSE.txt' is obtained from <https://github.com/PowerShell/vscode-powershell/blob/adca2cdd4aad34cd31ec550b4e5910686d500082/LICENSE.txt>
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $extensionName = "PowerShell-" $extensionVersion = "2021.5.1" $extensionId = "$toolsDir\$extensionName$extensionVersion.vsix" Update-SessionEnvironment Install-AzureDataStudioExtension -extensionId $extensionId
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Update-SessionEnvironment Uninstall-AzureDataStudioExtension -extensionId "ms-vscode.PowerShell"
md5: 100E6BE2DB4B39CC8F3B74916EF8D472 | sha1: 5142482B83F16ADF808BF84F24BA6BCE1336AB7A | sha256: B7E43DA419E333D5CC6C978359D88919B42FF8FA6760A02976CCFF076770BE6E | sha512: F8578E204F5ACC2DB282A9E8DDE6190AA554F29ACF3448C096AB48E47B00A4EC59F7C8493BF030D5AF1C8C99CAE2F6752D785978B8ADF855A94159116B9D04AE
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2021.5.1||96||Wednesday, June 2, 2021||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2021.2.2||207||Thursday, February 25, 2021||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2020.6.0||1266||Saturday, June 13, 2020||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2020.4.0||584||Thursday, April 16, 2020||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2020.3.0||504||Thursday, March 5, 2020||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2020.1.0||320||Thursday, January 16, 2020||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2019.12.0||99||Tuesday, December 17, 2019||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2019.11.0||109||Monday, November 4, 2019||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2019.9.0||96||Wednesday, September 25, 2019||Approved|
|Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension 2019.5.0||100||Monday, August 26, 2019||Approved|
- This discussion is only about Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension and the Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Azure Data Studio PowerShell Extension, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.