Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2021.03.17:
17 Mar 2021
- Pale Moon Team.
Tags:basilisk XUL browser unified platform uxp
2021.03.17 | Updated: 17 Mar 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 20 Mar 2021.
A XUL-based web-browser demonstrating the Unified XUL Platform (UXP). This browser is a close twin to pre-Servo Firefox in how it operates.
Basilisk is a free and Open Source XUL-based web browser, featuring the well-known Firefox-style interface and operation. It is based on the Goanna layout and rendering engine (a fork of Gecko) and builds on the Unified XUL Platform (UXP), which in turn is a fork of the Mozilla code base without Servo or Rust.
Basilisk is primarily a reference application for development of the XUL platform it builds upon, and additionally a potential replacement for Firefox.
Basilisk is development software. This means that it should be considered more or less beta at all times; it may have some bugs and is provided as-is, with potential defects. Like any other Free Software community project, it comes without any warranty or promise of fitness for any particular purpose. That being said: of course we will do our best to provide an as stable and secure browser as possible with every official release of Basilisk.
It should be noted that because of this focus on platform development, the browser itself (the application code) will be released and maintained mostly as-it-is, with very little change or development on the user interface or browser front-end features. As the platform develops, some Firefox-specific features may be dropped; please do not expect this application to remain the same, forever.
What does this browser support?
It supports a wide array of features required for the Modern Web, including advanced scripting, CSS, HTML5 and downloadable font support. It also fully supports all NPAPI plugins (e.g. Java, Unity web player, Media plugins, Authentication plugins). Further details can be found on the features page.
Is this browser associated/affiliated with Mozilla?
In one word: No.
This browser is created and maintained by the team behind Pale Moon, and is a fully independent fork of the Mozilla/Firefox code.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- basilisk.2021.03.17.nupkg (291632eff29e) - ## / 63
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Basilisk Browser 2021.03.17||91||Wednesday, March 17, 2021||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2021.02.06||76||Sunday, February 7, 2021||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.11.25||88||Thursday, November 26, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.09.11||96||Sunday, September 13, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.06.10||68||Thursday, August 6, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.05.08||133||Friday, May 8, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.04.17||75||Saturday, April 18, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.04.15||54||Thursday, April 16, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.03.11||93||Tuesday, March 24, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2020.02.18||106||Tuesday, February 18, 2020||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2019.10.31||100||Monday, November 11, 2019||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2019.09.03||100||Wednesday, September 4, 2019||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2019.06.08||69||Wednesday, August 7, 2019||Approved|
|Basilisk Browser 2019.03.08||70||Saturday, August 3, 2019||Approved|
Copyright ©2017-2019 M.C. Straver. All rights reserved.
- This discussion is only about Basilisk Browser and the Basilisk Browser package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Basilisk Browser, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.