Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 4.2.0:
03 Jan 2021
- Andrew Ziem
Tags:foss cross-platform admin bleachbit disk cleaner privacy
4.2.0 | Updated: 03 Jan 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 03 Jan 2021.
When your computer is getting full, BleachBit quickly frees disk space. When your information is only your business, BleachBit guards your privacy. With BleachBit you can free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean thousands of applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
- Delete your private files so completely that "even God can't read them" according to South Carolina Representative Trey Gowdy.
- Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
- Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
- Free of charge and no money trail
- Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
- No adware, spyware, malware, backdoors, browser toolbars, or "value-added software"
- Translated to 64 languages besides American English
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable app for Windows: run without installation
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Automatically import and update winapp2.ini cleaner files (a separate download) giving Windows users access to 2500+ additional cleaners
- Frequent software updates with new features
- Advanced wiping on Windows (requires BleachBit 2.0 with administrator access and local file system)
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- bleachbit.4.2.0.nupkg (28d9fea34fe4) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|BleachBit 4.2.0||12728||Sunday, January 3, 2021||Approved|
|BleachBit 4.0.0||14374||Sunday, April 19, 2020||Approved|
|BleachBit 3.2.0||7438||Thursday, February 6, 2020||Approved|
|BleachBit 3.0||6802||Thursday, October 24, 2019||Approved|
|BleachBit 22.214.171.12490520||7754||Monday, May 20, 2019||Approved|
|BleachBit 2.0||12486||Thursday, March 1, 2018||Approved|
|BleachBit 1.19-beta||311||Sunday, December 31, 2017||Exempted|
|BleachBit 1.17-beta||317||Friday, December 1, 2017||Exempted|
|BleachBit 1.12||6511||Friday, July 1, 2016||Approved|
|BleachBit 1.10||322||Friday, June 3, 2016||Approved|
|BleachBit 1.6||2557||Sunday, November 30, 2014||Approved|
|BleachBit 1.4||810||Tuesday, September 9, 2014||Approved|
|BleachBit 1.2||615||Friday, July 11, 2014||Approved|
|BleachBit 1.0||828||Monday, November 25, 2013||Approved|
|BleachBit 0.9.6||569||Thursday, July 11, 2013||Approved|
|BleachBit 0.9.5||456||Sunday, May 12, 2013||Approved|
- This discussion is only about BleachBit and the BleachBit package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or BleachBit, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.