Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.0.1:
10 May 2018
0.0.1 | Updated: 10 May 2018
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved by moderator gep13 on 11 May 2018.
blockjsvbs-winconfig is only one step in helping to protect your computer from malware. There are many more file extensions that you may want to reassociate or disassociate completely. You can simply do this for more file extensions by looking at the ChocolateyInstall and ChocolateyUninstall scripts or read about the assoc command.
blockjsvbs-winconfig is global. You only need to run it once and it will help protect all users of the computer.
Uninstalling blockjsvbs-winconfig will revert the file associations back to default.
RELATED READING MATERIAL:
- File extensions and types that are common threat vectors for email
- Most Popular Windows File Types Used by Malware (2017)
- 50+ File Extensions That Are Potentially Dangerous on Windows
$packageName = 'blockjsvbs-winconfig' cmd.exe /c assoc .js=txtfile cmd.exe /c assoc .jse=txtfile cmd.exe /c assoc .vbs=txtfile cmd.exe /c assoc .vbe=textfile Write-Host .js, .jse, .vbs, and .vbs script files will now open in your text editor instead of executing. -foreground magenta
$packageName = 'blockjsvbs-winconfig' cmd.exe /c assoc .js=JSFile cmd.exe /c assoc .jse=JSEFile cmd.exe /c assoc .vbs=VBSFile cmd.exe /c assoc .vbe=VBEFile Write-Host .js, .jse, .vbs, and .vbs script files now re-associated back to default script engines. -foreground magenta
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.