Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.4.41:
13 Jul 2014
- Matt Wrock
Tags:Boxstarter chocolatey environment setup
This is not the latest version of Boxstarter available.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is not the latest version of Boxstarter available.
All Checks are Unknown
2 Test of Unknown Status
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing Unknown
This package was approved as a trusted package on 27 Nov 2014.
Repeatable, reboot resilient windows environment installations made easy using Chocolatey packages. When its time to repave either bare metal or virtualized instances, locally or on a remote machine, Boxstarter can automate both trivial and highly complex installations. Compatible with all Windows versions from Windows 7/2008 R2 forward.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- boxstarter.2.4.41.nupkg (20210500f832) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Boxstarter 2.13.0||43287||Thursday, October 15, 2020||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.12.0||399497||Tuesday, October 30, 2018||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.11.0||65142||Wednesday, May 16, 2018||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.10.3||52601||Thursday, July 27, 2017||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.9.26||5962||Monday, June 19, 2017||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.9.24||658||Sunday, June 18, 2017||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.9.14||6462||Friday, May 5, 2017||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.9.5||3542||Thursday, March 30, 2017||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.9.2||1981||Monday, March 27, 2017||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.9.0||525||Monday, March 27, 2017||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.8.29||31066||Sunday, May 22, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.8.27||315||Sunday, May 22, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.8.21||961||Thursday, April 28, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.8.18||611||Tuesday, April 26, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.8.12||890||Thursday, April 21, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.8.0||1024||Friday, April 15, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.7.0||1745||Sunday, April 3, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.6.41||3652||Sunday, February 28, 2016||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.6.25||6522||Friday, December 18, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.6.20||448||Thursday, December 17, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.6.16||533||Tuesday, December 15, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.6.2||608||Monday, December 14, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.6.0||372||Sunday, December 13, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.5.21||8887||Thursday, August 13, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.5.19||1815||Sunday, July 26, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.5.10||1745||Friday, July 10, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.5.3||1134||Wednesday, July 1, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.5.1||535||Wednesday, July 1, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.209||4543||Sunday, April 26, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.205||1915||Sunday, April 5, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.196||1388||Friday, March 20, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.188||1172||Monday, March 9, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.183||660||Wednesday, March 4, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.180||439||Tuesday, March 3, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.179||354||Tuesday, March 3, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.159||2634||Sunday, January 18, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.157||564||Thursday, January 15, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.152||743||Monday, January 12, 2015||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.149||1267||Friday, December 26, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.146||402||Friday, December 26, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.128||1854||Thursday, November 27, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.123||3676||Wednesday, September 24, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.110||745||Wednesday, September 17, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.93||698||Friday, September 12, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.88||938||Wednesday, September 3, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.87||397||Wednesday, September 3, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.80||2687||Monday, August 4, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.76||418||Sunday, August 3, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.70||579||Thursday, July 31, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.67||696||Wednesday, July 30, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.61||567||Monday, July 28, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.57||414||Sunday, July 27, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.54||565||Wednesday, July 23, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.53||384||Wednesday, July 23, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.51||391||Wednesday, July 23, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.48||434||Tuesday, July 22, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.46||535||Saturday, July 19, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.41||593||Sunday, July 13, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.39||375||Sunday, July 13, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.38||363||Saturday, July 12, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.35||377||Saturday, July 12, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.32||398||Friday, July 11, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.29||1104||Friday, July 4, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.26||861||Monday, June 23, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.15||3091||Sunday, April 20, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.12||384||Friday, April 18, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.4||730||Saturday, April 5, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.4.0||409||Friday, April 4, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.3.24||1837||Saturday, February 1, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.3.15||527||Monday, January 27, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.3.13||435||Saturday, January 25, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.3.8||450||Thursday, January 23, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.3.0||455||Monday, January 20, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.2.78||641||Thursday, January 9, 2014||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.2.59||733||Sunday, December 29, 2013||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.2.23||763||Saturday, December 14, 2013||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.2.16||419||Friday, December 13, 2013||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.2.15||451||Friday, December 13, 2013||Approved|
|Boxstarter 2.2.12||391||Friday, December 13, 2013||Approved|
|BoxStarter 2.2.0||461||Thursday, December 12, 2013||Approved|
|BoxStarter 2.1.0||517||Saturday, November 30, 2013||Approved|
|BoxStarter 2.0.25||432||Wednesday, November 20, 2013||Approved|
- Check scheduled task output for pending reboots after a remote windows update since 32 bit processes cant read the wsus registry keys
- Fix Remote check when running as a servise
- System user logs to programdata
- when accessing a 64 bit machine from a 32bit process, the windowsupdate reg key is hidden so skip it
- Bubble up errors from windows update
- Provide the same scheduled task wrapping for winrm as we do for ps remoting
- fix explorer restart when there is no explorer process
- Correcting fallback Chocolatey install path to match release 0.9.8.24
- Fixing typo param name in redirect call to set-WindowsExplorerOptions
- Fix InvalidArgument from Set-TaskbarOptions when using lock or unlock params
- Fix issues where explorer terminates and cannot restart after caling one of the winconfig functions
- Import azure module from the pipeline to avoid errors when loading Boxstarter.azure
- Suppress errors when reenabling windows update in case they had alrady been reenabled
- Fix mis encoded dash in Install-Boxstarterackage
- Fix issues when Chocolatey packages create a new module and call chocolatey functions from that module
- When building packages, skip folders without a nuspec instead of throwing an error
- Only restart the explore process of the current user when calling windows config functions
- Fixing .net 4.5 install for local installs
- Fixing TestRunner module loading for PSv2 clients
- Add the following windows config features:
- Enable/Disable showing charms when mouse is in the upper right corner
- Enable/Disable switching apps when pointing in the upper left corner
- Enable/Disable the option to launch powershell from win-x
- Enable/Disable boot to desktop
- Enable/Disable desktop background on the start screen
- Enable/Disable showing the start screen on the active display
- Enable/Disable showing the Apps View by default on the start screen
- Enable/Disable searching everywhere in apps view. Not just apps.
- Enable/Disable showing desktop apps first in results
- Lock/Unlock task bar
- Change taskbar icon size
- Change location of taskbar docking
- Add test and publish automation that can point to remote deployment targets
- Provide build scripts for integration of tests and publishing in CI servers
- Include configured nuget sources and local repo to all chocolatey install calls and not just the initial package
- Fix enabling powershell remoting via WMI when password has ampersands
- Avoid explorer.exe crashes when configuring explorer options
- Fix Hyper-V heartbeat check in non US locales
- Fix Azure module loading in 32 bit consoles
- Fix shell shortcuts when user name has a space
- Fix Azure VM Checkpoint listing when there are more than one VM in a service
- Install .net 4.5 ONLY without affecting IIS settings when .net 4 is not present
- Fix Azure VM integration when multiple subscriptions are present
- Allow remote installs to be run by a non amin user
- This discussion is only about Boxstarter and the Boxstarter package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Boxstarter, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.