Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.2.0:
22 Mar 2017
- Rob Reynolds
Tags:checksum md5 sha1 sha2 sha256 sha512 hash
0.2.0 | Updated: 22 Mar 2017
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 08 Jul 2020.
checksum - Command line file checksum validator.
Determine a checksum for a file
checksum checks a file and returns a checksum for md5, sha1, and sha2 (sha256 and sha512).
To use checksum you would simply provide a file path and it will return the sum for the file.
checksum -f="c:\absolute\path" -t=sha256
Validate a file against an existing signature
You can also check against an existing signature.
To validate against an existing signature (hash) you would simply provide the file and the expected signature. When checking a signature, if the signature is valid it exits with 0, otherwise it exits with a non-zero exit code.
checksum -f="c:\absolute\path" -c=8AC4EA9A7B18E67EA97088220C40041B355A2C3049AA4E290D1F65A94BEFA9EF
checksum -f="c:\absolute\path" -c=8AC4EA9A7B18E67EA97088220C40041B355A2C3049AA4E290D1F65A94BEFA9EF -t sha256
checksum [-t=sha1|sha256|sha512|md5] [-c=signature] [-f=]filepath
-?, --help, -h
Prints out the options.
REQUIRED: file - The is the name of the file. The file should exist
-t, --type, --hashtype=VALUE
Optional: hashtype - 'md5', 'sha1', 'sha256', or 'sha512'. Defaults to 'md5' or is determined by length of passed check value.
Optional: check - the signature you want to check. Not case sensitive.
md5: 5CA71CBFF5A8DE7E5E30B6E94CD42069 | sha1: 991701A32492D743430627CBFBD56D6884C32588 | sha256: 23FBD1EE66FCE6872E97B2FE84C409AB30A74FE8720B722BC6F8BAE6E7764C04 | sha512: 77E31EC0DCA4E4895D3A4C0E84C6C1516D94089763F1735CAC150EFCD4EEC36107BB810E24D94C1208B7A80881D858DBFE887B32DA6F6D8F0C48F21C2525D0BE
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|checksum 0.2.0||101989||Wednesday, March 22, 2017||Approved|
|checksum 0.1.0||1700||Monday, September 5, 2016||Approved|
|checksum 0.0.3||835||Monday, September 28, 2015||Approved|
|checksum 0.0.2||1092||Sunday, March 2, 2014||Approved|
|checksum 0.0.1||431||Saturday, March 1, 2014||Approved|
2014-Present RealDimensions Software, LLC
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about checksum and the checksum package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or checksum, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.