Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.0.1:
27 Nov 2018
Tags:bcurran3 choco cinst nupkg winconfig chocolateasy
(unofficial) Install Chocolatey Packages from your Web Browser (Config)
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved by moderator gep13 on 29 Nov 2018.
Do you want to install Chocolatey packages from your web browser?
You just found the easy way!
"This is the first package that every new Chocolatey user should install. Works great with Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. WOW!" - Anonymous Chocolatey User
WHO IS THIS FOR?
choco-install-packages-from-web-winconfig is designed for those who aren't comfortable with the Command Prompt or just don't like to type much. choco-install-packages-from-web-winconfig allows you to install Chocolatey packages by simply downloading them from your web browser. choco-install-packages-from-web-winconfig is also useful to support professionals who know the difficulty of getting end users to type in commands correctly, now you can give them a URL to click and have a Chocolatey package installed!
If you like the convienance of this package, you should also check out (unofficial) Chocolatey Shortcuts (Config).
HOW DOES IT WORK?
choco-install-packages-from-web-winconfig configures Windows to automatically open Chocolatey packages (.nupkg files) using Chocolatey's cinst.exe ("choco install" shim) program. choco-install-packages-from-web-winconfig also sets cinst.exe to always run as administrator which is necessary for most packages.
- Browse to chocolatey.org.
- Search for a package you want to install.
- Click the result link to view the package page.
- Find the Package Specific column on the left and click the Download link.
- Wait (seconds) for it to download and...
- Browser examples: Chrome | Firefox | Opera
Easy peasy, Chocolateasy!
WARNING: Only install one package at a time until such time as Chocolatey v1.x is released. (REFERENCE)
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $packageName = 'choco-install-packages-from-web-winconfig' $pp = Get-PackageParameters # Set Windows to auto-run .nupkg files with cinst.exe New-PSDrive -Name HKCR -PSProvider Registry -Root HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -ea SilentlyContinue | Out-Null New-Item -Path "HKCR:" -Name ".nupkg" –Force | Out-Null Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCR:\.nupkg"-Name "(Default)" -Value "nupkg_auto_file" New-Item -Path "HKCR:" -Name "nupkg_auto_file" –Force | Out-Null New-Item -Path "HKCR:\nupkg_auto_file" -Name "shell" –Force | Out-Null New-Item -Path "HKCR:\nupkg_auto_file\shell" -Name "open" –Force | Out-Null New-Item -Path "HKCR:\nupkg_auto_file\shell\open" -Name "command" –Force | Out-Null Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCR:\nupkg_auto_file\shell\open\command" -Name "(Default)" -Value """$env:ChocolateyInstall\bin\cinst.exe"" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5" | Out-Null # Set cinst.exe compatibility to "Run this program as an administrator" for all users Write-Host " * "$packageName": Configuring for all users of $env:COMPUTERNAME." -foreground magenta New-Item -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name "AppCompatFlags" -ea SilentlyContinue | Out-Null New-Item -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags" -Name "Layers" -ea SilentlyContinue | Out-Null Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" -Name "$env:ChocolateyInstall\bin\cinst.exe" -Value "RUNASADMIN" | Out-Null
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $packageName = 'choco-install-packages-from-web-winconfig' $pp = Get-PackageParameters New-PSDrive -Name HKCR -PSProvider Registry -Root HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -ea SilentlyContinue | Out-Null Remove-Item -Path "HKCR:nupkg_auto_file" -Recurse –Force | Out-Null Remove-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers\" -Name "$env:ChocolateyInstall\bin\cinst.exe" -ea SilentlyContinue | Out-Null
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|(unofficial) Install Chocolatey Packages from your Web Browser (Config) 0.0.1||1666||Tuesday, November 27, 2018||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about (unofficial) Install Chocolatey Packages from your Web Browser (Config) and the (unofficial) Install Chocolatey Packages from your Web Browser (Config) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or (unofficial) Install Chocolatey Packages from your Web Browser (Config), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.