Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 188.8.131.523:
14 May 2016
- Stefan Kueng
Tags:subversion svn monitor
184.108.40.2063 | Updated: 14 May 2016
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 18 Aug 2020.
CommitMonitor is a small tool to monitor Apache™ Subversion® repositories for new commits. It has a very small memory footprint and resides in the system tray.
In case you have multiple repositories under an SVNParentPath with the SVNListParentPath directive activated in Apache, CommitMonitor can monitor these URLs too, as you can see in the screenshot above: the "Private Projects" is shown as a folder, which means this is an URL to an SVNParentPath URL.
The new commits are shown on the top right of the main dialog, while the commit log message is shown at the bottom right.
A double click on any revision in the top right view will fetch the diff for that revision as a unified diff so you can further inspect the commit. If you have TortoiseSVN installed, CommitMonitor automatically uses TortoiseSVN to do the diff.
Of course, you can configure the time interval CommitMonitor should check your repositories for new commits.
Just make sure in case you want to monitor a public open source repository to set the check interval not too small - you don't want to hammer those repositories!
You can also put an
svnrobots.txt file on your repository server to set a minimum time interval. See the svnrobots documentation for more details about this.
Once CommitMonitor has found new commits to one or more of the repositories you monitor, it shows a notification popup, and the system tray icon changes the "eyes" from black to red. And if you have the system tray animation enabled in the Options dialog, the eyes will also move around until you open CommitMonitor's main dialog (by double-clicking on the system tray icon) and read the commits.
If you have Snarl installed, CommitMonitor automatically uses Snarl to show its popups.
CommitMonitor also registers itself with Snarl which will allow you to configure the popups in more detail.
As already mentioned, CommitMonitor resides in your system tray (if so required). Tools which do that should use as less resources as possible, and that's what CommitMonitor tries to do. As you can see in the screenshot below, when the program is idle (i.e., not currently connecting to a repository and downloading information) it only uses about 1MB of RAM. Of course, it uses more (about 15MB RAM) while it accesses the repositories.
$packageName = 'commitmonitor.portable' $urlArray = @('https://sourceforge.net/projects/commitmonitor/files/CommitMonitor-220.127.116.113.zip', 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/commitmonitor/files/CommitMonitor64-18.104.22.1683.zip') $url = $urlArray $checksum = 'c1256c41370c581c0f53e5b7d4ea9ccccfaaea1e' $checksumType = 'sha1' $url64 = $urlArray $checksum64 = 'db349807dacf2edd57e2ab97c337a5f40c2c4895' $checksumType64 = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "commitmonitor.exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- commitmonitor.portable.22.214.171.1243.nupkg (d067b50437fb) - ## / 57
- CommitMonitor64-126.96.36.1993_portable.exe (baad1e1296b2) - ## / 57
- CommitMonitor-188.8.131.523_portable.exe (ac5cffe59a5b) - ## / 57
- CommitMonitor64-184.108.40.2063.zip (129fa24f561e) - ## / 56
- CommitMonitor-220.127.116.113.zip (445660be0048) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|CommitMonitor (Portable) 18.104.22.1683||693||Saturday, May 14, 2016||Approved|
|CommitMonitor (Portable) 22.214.171.1249||323||Saturday, October 31, 2015||Approved|
|CommitMonitor (Portable) 126.96.36.1995||357||Wednesday, April 1, 2015||Approved|
|CommitMonitor (Portable) 188.8.131.521||335||Wednesday, April 1, 2015||Approved|
© Stefan Kueng
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about CommitMonitor (Portable) and the CommitMonitor (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or CommitMonitor (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.