Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.6.5:
06 Jul 2019
- Denis Corbin
Tags:backup archive cli
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved as a trusted package on 23 Aug 2020.
dar is a shell command, that makes backup of a directory tree and files. It has been tested under Linux, Windows (95, 2000, NT, XP, 7), OpenSolaris, FreeBSD and NetBSD, and has been reported as working under Mac OS X 10.3 (where it takes care of file forks but not of the ACL).
External GUI are possible and exist thanks to the libdar library and its API, which is contained in within this source package.
dar is a set of six commands over libdar library:
dar_static(statically linked version of dar, not all system support static linking)
This library is part of dar and licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL in the following), like all the source code of the Dar suite programs. This imply that you can link libdar to your programs at the condition that your programs are also covered by the GPL, which says in particular that you must provide source code of your programs.
$packageName = 'dar' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/dar/files/dar/2.6.5/dar64-2.6.5-win64.zip/download' $checksum = '49023f3ecd77b3a79cc05ba5b4129137f7c34f7db34a712d515e7f0cef81dae9' $checksumType = 'sha256' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- MyBackup.sh.tar.gz (a7539afeed37) - ## / 49
- dar.2.6.5.nupkg (9e75300b6ff2) - ## / 61
- dar64-2.6.5-win64.zip (49023f3ecd77) - ## / 52
- cygbz2-1.dll (fc9ba8ae91fe) - ## / 72
- cygcom_err-2.dll (8032f5fe7b66) - ## / 71
- cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll (fb03bc747517) - ## / 70
- cygcurl-4.dll (f81e4366be66) - ## / 71
- cyggcc_s-seh-1.dll (4194b57c3ef4) - ## / 68
- cyggcrypt-20.dll (d81441d13fe4) - ## / 70
- cyggpg-error-0.dll (ca9292ca9f61) - ## / 70
- cyggpgme-11.dll (d9a24267582c) - ## / 64
- cyggssapi_krb5-2.dll (a3c0db95b767) - ## / 64
- cygiconv-2.dll (3a08d16aa5dd) - ## / 69
- cygidn2-0.dll (7c25f3ea0439) - ## / 69
- cygintl-8.dll (a925cc718763) - ## / 71
- cygk5crypto-3.dll (50abb080cbc2) - ## / 71
- cygkrb5-3.dll (793d5cf3b3ca) - ## / 69
- cygkrb5support-0.dll (b24a47a80cc1) - ## / 72
- cyglber-2-4-2.dll (9a1ac8bff932) - ## / 72
- cygldap-2-4-2.dll (d59550ec33a6) - ## / 71
- cyglzma-5.dll (b1f65ac455de) - ## / 72
- cyglzo2-2.dll (e0551ab11fdc) - ## / 72
- cygnghttp2-14.dll (11f90c1215a6) - ## / 71
- cygpsl-5.dll (6d630ece6dcc) - ## / 69
- cygrsync-2.dll (3014e01f8603) - ## / 70
- cygsasl2-3.dll (4946f5d36e2e) - ## / 71
- cygssh2-1.dll (f9d88bc110fe) - ## / 71
- cygssl-1.0.0.dll (7aa94562f9d7) - ## / 71
- cygstdc++-6.dll (28886463cfaa) - ## / 67
- cygunistring-2.dll (02d0a7fd310e) - ## / 68
- cygwin1.dll (f7c78dba0712) - ## / 70
- cygz.dll (0cb7c815274b) - ## / 70
- dar.exe (f90717262e0a) - ## / 72
- dar_cp.exe (40c6c0b235d4) - ## / 71
- dar_manager.exe (0846e24b5952) - ## / 67
- dar_slave.exe (3a7dbf06e8bc) - ## / 67
- dar_split.exe (e4d4552a4eea) - ## / 71
- dar_xform.exe (c6674a52ba15) - ## / 72
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Disk ARchive 2.6.5||455||Saturday, July 6, 2019||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.6.4||115||Saturday, May 25, 2019||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.6.3||163||Sunday, May 5, 2019||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.6.2||157||Monday, February 11, 2019||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.6.1||145||Monday, January 28, 2019||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.16||180||Thursday, August 16, 2018||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.14||491||Wednesday, December 20, 2017||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.13||319||Saturday, October 28, 2017||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.12||348||Saturday, September 2, 2017||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.11||334||Friday, June 23, 2017||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.10||385||Sunday, April 2, 2017||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.9||404||Saturday, January 21, 2017||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.8||371||Monday, January 2, 2017||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.7||407||Wednesday, November 2, 2016||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.6||378||Thursday, October 20, 2016||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.5||348||Sunday, June 5, 2016||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.5.3||334||Thursday, February 11, 2016||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.4.21||305||Sunday, April 24, 2016||Approved|
|Disk ARchive 2.4.17||397||Sunday, April 19, 2015||Approved|
© 2002 Denis Corbin
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Disk ARchive and the Disk ARchive package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Disk ARchive, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.