Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.6:
05 Jun 2017
- Chris Oldwood
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved by moderator AdmiringWorm on 18 Jun 2017.
This utility allows you to send various DDE messages to a DDE server, such as a request, advise, poke or execute.
md5: 4FD709D04144A807D05AB66970D4B5C8 | sha1: 72D4657BD2F1985AD805046DF4ED9EB36E4F9E87 | sha256: BA11DE7B16B9439312C18FBC438131E7A31AAB96AE9F0897DD766C38EBAF5627 | sha512: 3AC395F3090FCE5BB80214184D56D2C1E5963EDA0FB3C5E5BC2201718FB01BC5C802FD93B1CD310BCF1134A098348789956EAEC717EC78D316C38367F22ABAE1
See: Wheaton's Law. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wheatons-law
21/04/2017: v1.6 ================ - Added support to the listen command for generating dummy advises (#4). - Changed the listen command to only accept CF_TEXT links (#4). - Enhanced the listen command output to show the symbolic clipboard name. - Fixed bug where advise didn't terminate when the server conversation was closed (#3). - Added a 'fetch' command to request a value using an advise followed by a request. 19/03/2015: v1.5.1 ================== - Removed the --format switch from "execute" due to a possible bug in Windows/DDEML with CF_TEXT commands (#1). - Fixed handling of OnWildConnect() when listening and no topic specified. 25/07/2013: v1.5 ================ - Fixed a bug where the app was sluggish responding to advise loop updates. - Added --timeout switch to override the transaction reply wait time. - Added a 'listen' command so it can act as a DDE server for testing. - Fixed a bug where the exit code was wrong for an invalid command line. - Added --output-format switch to allow the display to be customized. - Items can now be specified in DDE link format "SERVICE|TOPIC!ITEM" instead. - Changed the --help switch to --manual to be more consistent with other tools. 06/01/2009: v1.0 ================ - Unicode text handling supported on XTYP_REQUEST and XTYP_ADVSTART. - Handles XTYP_REQUEST, XTYP_ADVSTART, XTYP_POKE and XTYP_EXECUTE transaction types. Chris Oldwood 21st April 2017
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. The software in this package has been downloaded from the following location: http://www.chrisoldwood.com/win32.htm#ddecommand It can be verified by performing the following: 1. Download the original binary from: http://www.chrisoldwood.com/win32/ddecmd/ddecmd16r.zip 2. Generate the checksum using one of the following methods: - Using the PowerShell function: 'Get-FileHash DDECmd.exe' - Using the chocolatey utility: 'checksum -t sha256 DDECmd.exe' 3. The checksums should match the following: type : sha256 checksum: BA11DE7B16B9439312C18FBC438131E7A31AAB96AE9F0897DD766C38EBAF5627 The file 'LICENSE.txt' was obtained from the source code repository at: https://github.com/chrisoldwood/DDECmd/blob/master/Chocolatey/LICENSE.txt
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|DDE Command 1.6||651||Monday, June 5, 2017||Approved|
|DDE Command 1.5.1||310||Friday, February 10, 2017||Approved|
Chris Oldwood 2017
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about DDE Command and the DDE Command package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or DDE Command, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.