Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.8.7:
18 Nov 2016
- The GNU Project
Tags:diffutils diff gnu
GNU DiffUtils for Windows
2.8.7 | Updated: 18 Nov 2016
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
GNU DiffUtils for Windows
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 24 Nov 2016.
You can use the diff command to show differences between two files, or each corresponding file in two directories. diff outputs differences between files line by line in any of several formats, selectable by command line options. This set of differences is often called a
diff' or patch'. For files that are identical, diff normally produces no output; for binary (non-text) files, diff normally reports only that they are different.
You can use the cmp command to show the offsets and line numbers where two files differ. cmp can also show all the characters that differ between the two files, side by side.
You can use the diff3 command to show differences among three files. When two people have made independent changes to a common original, diff3 can report the differences between the original and the two changed versions, and can produce a merged file that contains both persons' changes together with warnings about conflicts.
You can use the sdiff command to merge two files interactively.
$packageName = 'diffutils-2.8.7' $url = 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/diffutils/2.8.7-1/diffutils-2.8.7-1-bin.zip' $checksum = '9e0d232d7a15b4b7b72556ecc2710a42' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage ` "$packageName" ` "$url" ` "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" ` -Checksum $checksum ` -ChecksumType md5 $packageNameDep = 'diffutils-2.8.7-dep' $urlDep = 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/diffutils/2.8.7-1/diffutils-2.8.7-1-dep.zip' $checksumDep = '8535974bc8999a18a7329eefe5340ca4' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage ` "$packageNameDep" ` "$urlDep" ` "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" ` -Checksum $checksumDep ` -ChecksumType md5
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- diff.exe (f449ce40db50) - ## / 56
- diffutils.2.8.7.nupkg (668498c80dff) - ## / 56
- cmp.exe (ae1e0741de0f) - ## / 57
- diff3.exe (d770ac96fa4f) - ## / 57
- sdiff.exe (e471e4063ac7) - ## / 56
- libiconv2.dll (3ec2d1a924ef) - ## / 64
- libintl3.dll (4da1d8bc01e8) - ## / 57
- diffutils-2.8.7-1-bin.zip (6d64ee291c9b) - ## / 55
- diffutils-2.8.7-1-dep.zip (9b64b20aa9e0) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|GNU DiffUtils for Windows 2.8.7||8884||Friday, November 18, 2016||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about GNU DiffUtils for Windows and the GNU DiffUtils for Windows package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GNU DiffUtils for Windows, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.