Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.53:
23 Mar 2018
- O. Givi
Tags:backup sync directory java
Directory Synchronize Pro
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved as a trusted package on 11 Jul 2020.
DirSync Pro is a small, but powerful utility for file and folder synchronization. DirSync Pro can be used to synchronize the content of one or many folders recursively. Use DirSync Pro to easily synchronize files from your desktop PC to your USB-stick (/External HD/PDA/Notebook, ...). Use this USB-stick (/External HD/PDA/Notebook, ...) to synchronize files to another desktop PC.
Using DirSync Pro you can make incremental backups. In this way you'll spare lots of time because you don't have to copy all the files each time you want to update your backup; only new/modified/larger files would be copied. DirSync Pro provides some preconfigured modes (e.g. Mirror, Backup, Contribute, …) for common synchronization and backup tasks and some custom modes in which the user could set up the synchronization behaviour to meet specific wishes. Prior to synchronization, DirSync Pro perfoms an analysis on files and folders and detect any kind of changes to any file/directory in the source. If a file is for example modified, removed, deleted, renamed in the source DirSync Pro synchronizes the destination accordingly. DirSync Pro detects also changes to file meta data (e.g. DOS attributes, POSIX file ownerships/group/permissions) and could preserve them to the destination file/directories.
DirSync Pro has a user-friendly User Interface which helps you configure many options to your needs. You can use DirSync Pro also through the command line which makes it very flexible for running in batches.
DirSync Pro lets you define advanced filters based of filename patterns (textual and regular expression based), file sizes, modification dates, file paths and file meta data to include or exclude file/directories as desired.
DirSync Pro has a powerful schedule engine which lets you schedule synchronization tasks on many different ways, minutely, hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Advanced users may use tons of options available in DirSync Pro to suit the synchronization behaviour in details. DirSync Pro has many logging facilities which let you create detailed logs even per job.
DirSync Pro provides a real-time synchronization option which watches the source directory continuously and synchronizes the changes into the destination directory if a file/directory is changed.
$packageName = 'dirsyncpro' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/directorysync/files/DirSync%20Pro%20%28stable%29/1.53/DirSyncPro-1.53-Windows.zip/download' $checksum = '8fdbb903dce5dee9af9156799bc91f31a66e25b8289ca6673aa42747a8701a8b' $checksumType = 'sha256' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- dirsyncpro.1.53.nupkg (33b81b146d26) - ## / 61
- DirSyncPro-1.53-Windows.zip (8fdbb903dce5) - ## / 60
- DirSyncPro.exe (a2a3b4232673) - ## / 66
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Directory Synchronize Pro 1.53||823||Friday, March 23, 2018||Approved|
|Directory Synchronize Pro 1.51||553||Tuesday, September 29, 2015||Approved|
© O. Givi
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Directory Synchronize Pro and the Directory Synchronize Pro package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Directory Synchronize Pro, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.