Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 8.08:
12 Mar 2021
- Nenad Hrg
Tags:dontsleep computer sleep control
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 12 Mar 2021.
Especially when old Programs run on Windows-10 or Windows 8.1 / 7. Here's more aggressive power-saving features with new rules.
But not only that, it also prevents login off the computer, and the deactivation of the monitor or activation of the screen saver.
Of course you can also manually disable all the options and then activate again, but with Don't Sleep one can save now many hand moves and also save time! And it's easier than ever.
Apart from the fact Don't Sleep has a timer that allows time control unblock, or shutdown the computer for a specified time.
Key Features in Don't Sleep
- Don't Sleep don't change the power saving options on the system
- From-Tray feature: power off, reboot, log off, restart ...
- Schedule computer to shut down at a certain time
- Set the timer to prevent standby in windows!
- Please Sleep Feature in Don't Sleep!
- Start parameter in Don't Sleep!
Other features and specifications:
- Portable Windows Program!
- Does not burden the CPU
- Extreme tiny size
- Easy to use
For what! Prevent system shutdown, Standby, Hibernate, Turn Off and Restart?
The reason for the development of the program is that some programs with a longer runtime have not considered this new power-saving features on the windows OS.
You can also manually customize the window power saving features or disable all the options and then reactivate them again, but you can save the time when use Don't Sleep. Don't Sleep can also serve as a general protection if you have started a background service or application and want to prevent turn off of the computer by itself, or other persons ergo accounts.
Don't Sleep has a timer that allows you to disable blocking with a timed manner, or to shut down the computer at a certain time. This is a practical function that prevents the PC to running unnecessarily, since not every PC is equipped with a quality power supply that consumes 1Watt in standby mode.
How does the program work?
Depending on the setting, Don't Sleep reports to the operating system that it has very important tasks to do if the screen saver is to be activated or the monitor is to be deactivated. Likewise, it notifies the system that it has the highest shutdown priority to prevent other programs from receiving the shutdown command before Don't
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- dontsleep.8.08.nupkg (d26fa9f93bc5) - ## / 63
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Don't Sleep 8.08||308||Friday, March 12, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 8.02||96||Monday, March 8, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 8.01||64||Sunday, March 7, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.91||302||Thursday, February 11, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.89||300||Wednesday, January 27, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.88||32||Wednesday, January 27, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.81||62||Monday, January 25, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.77||275||Sunday, January 10, 2021||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.71||268||Friday, December 18, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.67||203||Tuesday, December 8, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.55||173||Wednesday, December 2, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.51||195||Friday, November 20, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.44||119||Sunday, November 15, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.33||300||Sunday, October 18, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.31||140||Thursday, October 15, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.22||241||Tuesday, September 29, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.21||149||Sunday, September 27, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.17||141||Friday, September 25, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.13||265||Monday, September 7, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 7.01||311||Wednesday, August 5, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.81||173||Friday, July 31, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.77||276||Wednesday, July 1, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.71||271||Sunday, May 24, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.65||144||Sunday, May 17, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.51||205||Sunday, May 3, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.41||204||Tuesday, April 14, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.36||224||Tuesday, March 17, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.31||222||Wednesday, February 19, 2020||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.22||248||Friday, December 13, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.21||130||Tuesday, December 3, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.11||147||Wednesday, November 13, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.06.1||106||Wednesday, November 6, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.02||115||Saturday, November 2, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.01.6||71||Thursday, October 31, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 6.01||56||Thursday, October 31, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.71||153||Monday, October 7, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.66||131||Saturday, September 14, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.61||159||Friday, August 23, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.57||134||Friday, August 9, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.55||102||Friday, July 26, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.51||140||Monday, July 8, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.45||127||Thursday, June 20, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.44||92||Wednesday, June 19, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.41||92||Monday, June 17, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.33||95||Thursday, June 13, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.25||96||Tuesday, June 11, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.21||88||Friday, May 31, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.16||108||Wednesday, May 1, 2019||Approved|
|Don't Sleep 5.15||119||Monday, April 8, 2019||Approved|
© 2019 by Nenad Hrg
- This discussion is only about Don't Sleep and the Don't Sleep package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Don't Sleep, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.