Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 6.0.0-preview3212014:
09 Apr 2021
Tags:microsoft .net core runtime redistributable
This is a prerelease version of Microsoft .NET.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Passing and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing FailedDetails
.NET Core is a general purpose development platform maintained by Microsoft and the .NET community on GitHub. It is cross-platform, supporting Windows, macOS and Linux, and can be used in device, cloud, and embedded/IoT scenarios.
This is a metapackage, which installs the latest release of .NET Runtime across all versions (it is effectively an alias for the dotnet-runtime package).
The .NET Runtime is required to run .NET console applications. For running .NET desktop applications, install the dotnet-desktopruntime package. For running ASP.NET Core applications on IIS or IIS Express, install the dotnet-windowshosting package. For developing .NET applications, install the dotnet-sdk package.
No results available for this package. We are building up results for older packages over time so expect to see results. If this is a new package, it should have results within a day or two.
|Microsoft .NET 6.0.0-preview3212014||31||Friday, April 9, 2021||Exempted|
|Microsoft .NET 6.0.0-preview2211546||40||Friday, March 12, 2021||Exempted|
|Microsoft .NET 6.0.0-preview12110212||43||Thursday, February 18, 2021||Exempted|
|Microsoft .NET 5.0.5||3116||Wednesday, April 7, 2021||Approved|
|Microsoft .NET 5.0.4||3359||Wednesday, March 10, 2021||Approved|
|Microsoft .NET 5.0.3||4945||Wednesday, February 10, 2021||Approved|
|Microsoft .NET 5.0.2||4313||Tuesday, January 12, 2021||Approved|
|Microsoft .NET 5.0.1||1252||Wednesday, December 9, 2020||Approved|
|Microsoft .NET 5.0.0||1353||Tuesday, November 10, 2020||Approved|
|Microsoft .NET 5.0.0-rc2204755||16||Friday, November 6, 2020||Exempted|
.NET Foundation and Contributors
- This discussion is only about Microsoft .NET and the Microsoft .NET package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft .NET, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.