Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.12.3.2:
26 Jun 2014
Tags:elinks web console browser http ftp text-only
ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser
0.12.3.2 | Updated: 26 Jun 2014
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
ELinks is a program for browsing the web in text mode. The goal of the project has from the beginning been to provide a feature-rich text mode browser with an open patches/features inclusion policy and active development. One of these features is that ELinks includes Links-Lua which adds scripting capabilities to ELinks. ELinks was forked from the original Links browser written by Mikulas Patocka. It is in no way associated with Twibright Labs and their Links version. Please read to the history page for more information about the various Links versions and forks. Over the years many people have contributed to making ELinks what it is today.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
This is the third prerelease for ELinks 0.12.
This release of ELinks is mostly licensed under version 2 of the GNU
General Public License. More permissive licences apply to some parts
of it, and there is also one test file under the GNU Free Documentation
License; please see COPYING for the list.
User-visible changes since ELinks 0.12pre2
* bug 1060: Regexp searching now requires the TRE library.
* lzma disabled by default. It's rarely used and doesn't build with new xz.
* critical: Fix double-free crash if EOF immediately follows /MAP>.
(Also fixed in ELinks 0.11.6.)
- critical: Fix assertion failure if IMG/@usemap refers to a different
- critical bug 1053: Fix crash if a download finishes after ELinks has
closed the terminal from which the download was started. (Also fixed
in ELinks 0.11.6.)
- critical bug 1067: Fixed a crash in the RSS parser that ``configure
--enable-html-highlight'' enables. (ELinks 0.12pre1 was the first
release that supported RSS at all.)
- Don't crash when the search-toggle-regex action is used and no regular
expression support is compiled in.
Locales, charsets, and terminals:
- major bug 1004: Ignore locales when comparing HTML element names and
similar strings, so e.g.
title'' matchesTITLE'' even in the
Turkish locale. (Also fixed in ELinks 0.11.6.)
- bug 153: Preserve Unicode characters in XBEL bookmark files.
However, Unicode in URIs (really IRIs) does not work reliably yet;
this is being tracked as bug 1066.
- bug 885: Convert xterm titles to ISO-8859-1 by default, but add an
option to disable this. When removing control characters from a
title, note the charset. Don't truncate titles to the width of the
- bug 1061: Correctly truncate UTF-8 titles in the tab bar.
- minor: Clicking a link with the mouse activates that link, rather
than the one selected with move-cursor-* actions. (Also fixed in
- enhancement: Updated ISO 8859-7, ISO 8859-16, KOI8-R, and MacRoman.
- Perl scripts can use modules that dynamically load C libraries, like
- bug 1069: ELinks didn't report ECMAScript errors, even if the
ecmascript.error_reporting option was turned on. (This was a new
bug in ELinks 0.12pre2.)
- Preserve newlines in hidden input fields, and submit them as CRLF.
Previously, they could turn into spaces or disappear entirely.
- bug 1068: ELinks used to display a blank or truncated page if an
HTTP/1.1 server sent a compressed body with incorrect Content-Length.
That has now been fixed, and a new option (protocol.http.compression)
has been added.
- minor bug 761: When reading bookmarks from an XBEL file, distinguish
attribute names from attribute values.
- build bug 1047: Attempt to make inline functions satisfy C99 6.7.4p3
so that ELinks can be built on OpenSolaris. (Also fixed in ELinks
Authors since ELinks 0.12pre2
Kalle Olavi Niemitalo
M. Vefa Bicakci
Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters
ELinks 0.12pre3 has the following bugs that were not in 0.11.6.
These should be fixed before the 0.12.0 release:
- Bug 765 - Opening a new tab can ask about the document of the
- Bug 943 - Crash: BFU points to a freed struct type_query
There is also one other bug scheduled for 0.12.0:
- Bug 771 - Infinite loop is not well handled
These same bugs were listed in the 0.12pre2 announcement already. :-(
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser and the ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.