Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 3.13.0:
09 May 2021
- Intel Corporation
Tags:embree high performance ray tracing kernel intel corporation
3.13.0 | Updated: 09 May 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 09 May 2021.
Embree: High Performance Ray Tracing Kernels 3.6.0-beta.0 % Intel Corporation
Intel® Embree is a collection of high-performance ray tracing kernels, developed at Intel. The target users of Intel® Embree are graphics application engineers who want to improve the performance of their photo-realistic rendering application by leveraging Embree's performance-optimized ray tracing kernels. The kernels are optimized for the latest Intel® processors with support for SSE, AVX, AVX2, and AVX-512 instructions. Intel® Embree supports runtime code selection to choose the traversal and build algorithms that best matches the instruction set of your CPU. We recommend using Intel® Embree through its API to get the highest benefit from future improvements. Intel® Embree is released as Open Source under the Apache 2.0 license.
Intel® Embree supports applications written with the Intel® SPMD Program Compiler (ISPC, https://ispc.github.io/) by also providing an ISPC interface to the core ray tracing algorithms. This makes it possible to write a renderer in ISPC that automatically vectorizes and leverages SSE, AVX, AVX2, and AVX-512 instructions. ISPC also supports runtime code selection, thus ISPC will select the best code path for your application.
Intel® Embree contains algorithms optimized for incoherent workloads (e.g. Monte Carlo ray tracing algorithms) and coherent workloads (e.g. primary visibility and hard shadow rays).
The single-ray traversal kernels of Intel® Embree provide high performance for incoherent workloads and are very easy to integrate into existing rendering applications. Using the stream kernels, even higher performance for incoherent rays is possible, but integration might require significant code changes to the application to use the stream paradigm. In general for coherent workloads, the stream mode with coherent flag set gives the best performance.
Intel® Embree also supports dynamic scenes by implementing high-performance two-level spatial index structure construction algorithms.
Embree supports Windows (32-bit and 64-bit), Linux (64-bit), and macOS (64-bit). The code compiles with the Intel® Compiler, GCC, Clang, and the Microsoft Compiler.
Using the Intel® Compiler improves performance by approximately 10%. Performance also varies across different operating systems, with Linux typically performing best as it supports transparently transitioning to 2MB pages.
Embree is optimized for Intel CPUs supporting SSE, AVX, AVX2, and AVX-512 instructions, and requires at least a CPU with support for SSE2.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- embree.3.13.0.nupkg (78d42f33a13c) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Intel® Embree 3.13.0||31||Sunday, May 9, 2021||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.12.2||39||Monday, January 25, 2021||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.12.1||52||Wednesday, October 14, 2020||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.12.0||32||Wednesday, September 23, 2020||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.11.0||85||Thursday, June 25, 2020||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.10.0||64||Monday, May 11, 2020||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.9.0||92||Tuesday, April 7, 2020||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.8.0||54||Wednesday, February 5, 2020||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.7.0||53||Saturday, January 11, 2020||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.6.1||80||Monday, September 2, 2019||Approved|
|Intel® Embree 3.5.2||85||Wednesday, August 14, 2019||Approved|
© 2009–2018 Intel Corporation
- This discussion is only about Intel® Embree and the Intel® Embree package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Intel® Embree, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.