Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.24:
11 Apr 2021
- Simon Zolin
Tags:fmedia media media-player player mp3 aac wav
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved as a trusted package on 11 Apr 2021.
fmedia is a fast asynchronous media player/recorder/converter for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD.
It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow.
It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins.
Its low CPU and memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more!
fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
You'll find more detailed information about fmedia in README.txt file inside the package.
$packageName = 'fmedia' $url64 = 'https://github.com/stsaz/fmedia/releases/download/v1.24/fmedia-1.24-win-x64.zip' $checksum64 = '9e20121d5b0601d3e94c31eb992de04ca8c17ae7d28e0c3d7ce4ed5012e11e0b' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url64Bit "$url64" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "sha256" `
No results available for this package. We are building up results for older packages over time so expect to see results. If this is a new package, it should have results within a day or two.
|fmedia 1.24||2||Sunday, April 11, 2021||Approved|
|fmedia 1.23.1||31||Friday, March 5, 2021||Approved|
|fmedia 1.23||19||Saturday, February 27, 2021||Approved|
|fmedia 1.22||38||Monday, February 1, 2021||Approved|
|fmedia 1.14||258||Wednesday, January 8, 2020||Approved|
|fmedia 1.13||95||Monday, November 11, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.12||96||Tuesday, September 17, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.11||77||Saturday, September 14, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.10.1||104||Friday, July 19, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.9||111||Monday, June 10, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.8||118||Thursday, May 2, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.6||118||Monday, March 18, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.5||120||Thursday, February 14, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.4||134||Thursday, January 10, 2019||Approved|
|fmedia 1.3||135||Monday, December 10, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 1.2||142||Monday, November 19, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 1.1||147||Sunday, October 14, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 1.0.1||119||Tuesday, September 18, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 1.0||127||Tuesday, September 11, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 0.37||143||Monday, August 6, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 0.36||197||Sunday, May 6, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 0.35||209||Sunday, April 8, 2018||Approved|
|fmedia 0.34.1||189||Saturday, March 24, 2018||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about fmedia and the fmedia package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or fmedia, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.