Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.24.0:
05 Nov 2019
- The Git Development Community
Tags:git vcs dvcs version-control msysgit foss cross-platform cli
This is not the latest version of Git available.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is not the latest version of Git available.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 05 Nov 2019.
Git for Windows focuses on offering a lightweight, native set of tools that bring the full feature set of the Git SCM to Windows while providing appropriate user interfaces for experienced Git users and novices alike.
- Git BASH: Git for Windows provides a BASH emulation used to run Git from the command line. *NIX users should feel right at home, as the BASH emulation behaves just like the "git" command in LINUX and UNIX environments.
- Git GUI: As Windows users commonly expect graphical user interfaces, Git for Windows also provides the Git GUI, a powerful alternative to Git BASH, offering a graphical version of just about every Git command line function, as well as comprehensive visual diff tools.
- Shell Integration: Simply right-click on a folder in Windows Explorer to access the BASH or GUI.
/GitOnlyOnPath- Puts gitinstall\cmd on path. This is also done by default if no package parameters are set.
/GitAndUnixToolsOnPath- Puts gitinstall\bin on path. This setting will override
/NoAutoCrlf- Ensure 'Checkout as is, commit as is'. This setting only affects new installs, it will not override an existing
vimuse the regular Windows terminal instead of MinTTY terminal.
/NoShellIntegration- Disables open GUI and open shell integration ( "Git GUI Here" and "Git Bash Here" entries in context menus).
/NoGuiHereIntegration- Disables open GUI shell integration ( "Git GUI Here" entry in context menus).
/NoShellHereIntegration- Disables open git bash shell integration ( "Git Bash Here" entry in context menus)
/NoCredentialManager- Disable Git Credential Manager by adding
$Env:GCM_VALIDATE='false'user environment variable.
/NoGitLfs- Disable Git LFS installation.
/SChannel- Configure Git to use the Windows native SSL/TLS implementation (SChannel) instead of OpenSSL. This aligns Git HTTPS behavior with other Windows applications and system components and increases manageability in enterprise environments.
choco install git.install --params "/GitAndUnixToolsOnPath /NoGitLfs /SChannel /NoAutoCrlf"
- The package uses default install options minus cheetah integration and desktop icons. Cheetah prevents a good upgrade scenario, so it has been removed.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- git.2.24.0.nupkg (0398fda7dc05) - ## / 61
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Git 2.31.1||76784||Saturday, March 27, 2021||Approved|
|Git 2.31.0||78106||Tuesday, March 16, 2021||Approved|
|Git 2.30.2||46805||Tuesday, March 9, 2021||Approved|
|Git 2.30.1||109157||Tuesday, February 9, 2021||Approved|
|Git 220.127.116.11||96893||Thursday, January 14, 2021||Approved|
|Git 2.30.0||59375||Tuesday, December 29, 2020||Approved|
|Git 18.104.22.168||67205||Tuesday, December 8, 2020||Approved|
|Git 22.214.171.124||302712||Thursday, November 5, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.29.2||57150||Friday, October 30, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.29.1||67951||Saturday, October 24, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.29.0||40695||Tuesday, October 20, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.28.0||231506||Tuesday, July 28, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.27.0||166116||Tuesday, June 2, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.26.2||113960||Monday, April 20, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.26.1||29547||Wednesday, April 15, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.26.0||59565||Monday, March 23, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.25.1||81637||Thursday, February 20, 2020||Approved|
|Git 2.25.0||128921||Tuesday, January 14, 2020||Approved|
|Git 126.96.36.199||98302||Wednesday, December 11, 2019||Approved|
|Git 188.8.131.52||54078||Thursday, November 7, 2019||Approved|
|Git 2.24.0||80736||Tuesday, November 5, 2019||Approved|
|Git 2.23.0||229405||Sunday, August 18, 2019||Approved|
|Git 2.22.0||182229||Saturday, June 8, 2019||Approved|
|Git 2.21.0||210438||Wednesday, February 27, 2019||Approved|
|Git 2.20.1||135655||Saturday, December 15, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.20.0||19195||Monday, December 10, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.19.2||38386||Thursday, November 22, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.19.1||102450||Friday, October 5, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.19.0||102330||Thursday, September 13, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.18.0||201899||Friday, June 22, 2018||Approved|
|Git 184.108.40.206||147683||Wednesday, May 30, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.17.1||4901||Tuesday, May 29, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.17.0||87002||Tuesday, April 3, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.16.3||21611||Friday, March 23, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.16.2||52565||Tuesday, February 20, 2018||Approved|
|Git 220.127.116.11||54944||Thursday, February 8, 2018||Approved|
|Git 18.104.22.168||3039||Tuesday, February 6, 2018||Approved|
|Git 22.214.171.124||11355||Saturday, February 3, 2018||Approved|
|Git 2.16.1||22870||Monday, January 22, 2018||Approved|
|Git 126.96.36.199||9843||Friday, January 19, 2018||Approved|
|Git 188.8.131.52||62159||Thursday, November 30, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.15.1||4673||Wednesday, November 29, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.15.0||159318||Monday, October 30, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.14.3||36547||Tuesday, October 24, 2017||Approved|
|Git 184.108.40.20670927||180495||Wednesday, September 27, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.14.2||5540||Tuesday, September 26, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.14.1||59729||Thursday, August 10, 2017||Approved|
|Git 220.127.116.11||8462||Monday, August 7, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.14.0||4987||Sunday, August 6, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.13.3||23954||Friday, July 14, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.13.2||21329||Tuesday, June 27, 2017||Approved|
|Git 18.104.22.168||19886||Friday, June 16, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.13.1||4923||Wednesday, June 14, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.13.0||93385||Wednesday, May 10, 2017||Approved|
|Git 22.214.171.124||67164||Wednesday, April 5, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.12.2||14276||Tuesday, March 28, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.12.1||15764||Tuesday, March 21, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.12.0||47340||Saturday, February 25, 2017||Approved|
|Git 126.96.36.19970208||17361||Wednesday, February 8, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.11.1||7301||Friday, February 3, 2017||Approved|
|Git 188.8.131.52||47189||Saturday, January 14, 2017||Approved|
|Git 184.108.40.206||1914||Friday, January 13, 2017||Approved|
|Git 2.11.0||31003||Thursday, December 1, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.10.2||24107||Wednesday, November 2, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.10.1||26953||Tuesday, October 4, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.10.0||21616||Saturday, September 3, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.9.3||16784||Saturday, August 13, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.9.2||13859||Sunday, July 17, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.9.0||939||Tuesday, June 14, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.8.4||728||Wednesday, June 8, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.8.3||560||Friday, May 20, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.8.2||568||Sunday, May 8, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.8.1||18466||Tuesday, April 5, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.8.0||6406||Tuesday, March 29, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.7.4||7995||Friday, March 18, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.7.3||3484||Tuesday, March 15, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.7.2||13653||Tuesday, February 23, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.7.1||10142||Sunday, February 7, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.7.0||110248||Tuesday, January 5, 2016||Approved|
|Git 2.6.4||10583||Monday, December 14, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.6.3||17134||Tuesday, November 10, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.6.2||13615||Monday, October 19, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.6.1||8844||Tuesday, October 6, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.6.0||4537||Tuesday, September 29, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.5.3||7230||Friday, September 18, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.5.2||5649||Friday, September 11, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.5.1||7152||Monday, August 31, 2015||Approved|
|Git 2.5.0||7332||Tuesday, August 18, 2015||Approved|
|Git 220.127.116.1150320||72094||Wednesday, April 29, 2015||Approved|
|Git 18.104.22.16850319||16934||Monday, March 23, 2015||Approved|
|Git 22.214.171.12450114||29596||Wednesday, January 14, 2015||Approved|
|Git 1.9.5||11381||Thursday, December 18, 2014||Approved|
|Git 126.96.36.19940929||28517||Monday, September 29, 2014||Approved|
|Git 1.9.4||34489||Friday, June 13, 2014||Approved|
|Git 1.9.2||3581||Wednesday, June 4, 2014||Approved|
|Git 188.8.131.5240303||13466||Tuesday, April 1, 2014||Approved|
|Git 1.9.0||9334||Tuesday, February 18, 2014||Approved|
|Git 184.108.40.206||9365||Tuesday, December 31, 2013||Approved|
|Git 1.8.4||12581||Tuesday, September 17, 2013||Approved|
|Git 1.8.3||9818||Friday, June 8, 2012||Approved|
|Git 220.127.116.11||8651||Saturday, February 2, 2013||Approved|
|Git 1.8.0||5091||Tuesday, October 23, 2012||Approved|
|Git 1.7.11||3915||Thursday, June 21, 2012||Approved|
|Git 1.7.10||1367||Sunday, May 27, 2012||Approved|
- This discussion is only about Git and the Git package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Git, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.