Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.2.17:
17 Oct 2019
- Werner Koch
- The GnuPG Project
Tags:admin aes cli cross-platform encrypt foss gnupg gnupg-modern openpgp pgp rfc4880 rsa security signature
[Deprecated] GnuPG modern (Install)
2.2.17 | Updated: 17 Oct 2019
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
[Deprecated] GnuPG modern (Install)
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved as a trusted package on 26 Aug 2020.
This package has been renamed to gnupg.
This is the modern version of GnuPG (2.2 branch). If you want the stable version (2.0 branch) install Gpg4win.
GnuPG itself is a commandline tool without any graphical stuff. It is the real crypto engine which can be used directly from a command prompt, from shell scripts or by other programs. Therefore it can be considered as a backend for other applications.
However, even when used on the command line it provides all functionality needed - this includes an interactive menu system. The set of commands of this tool will always be a superset of those provided by any frontends.
Full replacement of PGP.
Does not use any patented algorithms.
GPLed, written from scratch.
Can be used as a filter program.
Full OpenPGP implementation (see RFC4880 at RFC Editor).
Better functionality than PGP and some security enhancements over PGP 2.
Decrypts and verifies PGP 5, 6 and 7 messages.
Supports ElGamal, DSA, RSA, AES, 3DES, Blowfish, Twofish, CAST5, MD5, SHA-1, RIPE-MD-160 and TIGER.
Easy implementation of new algorithms using extension modules.
The User ID is forced to be in a standard format.
Supports key and signature expiration dates.
English, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (Portuguese), Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish language support.
Online help system.
Optional anonymous message receivers.
Integrated support for HKP keyservers (wwwkeys.pgp.net).
Clears signed patch files which can still be processed by patch.
and many more things….
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- gnupg-modern.2.2.17.nupkg (17300630c236) - ## / 60
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|[Deprecated] GnuPG modern (Install) 2.2.17||896||Thursday, October 17, 2019||Approved|
Copyright 1998--2015 The GnuPG Project
- This discussion is only about [Deprecated] GnuPG modern (Install) and the [Deprecated] GnuPG modern (Install) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or [Deprecated] GnuPG modern (Install), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.