Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.1:
11 Mar 2015
- Konstantin Isakov
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 24 May 2015.
The project aims to create a feature-rich dictionary lookup program.
The program has the following features:
- Use of WebKit for an accurate articles' representation, complete with all formatting, colors, images and links.
- Support of multiple dictionary file formats, namely:
- Babylon .BGL files, complete with images and resources
- StarDict .ifo/.dict./.idx/.syn dictionaries
- Dictd .index/.dict(.dz) dictionary files
- ABBYY Lingvo .dsl source files, together with abbreviations. The files can be optionally compressed with dictzip. Dictionary resources can be packed together into a .zip file.
- ABBYY Lingvo .lsa/.dat audio archives. Those can be indexed separately, or be referred to from .dsl files.
- Support for Wikipedia, Wiktionary, or any other MediaWiki-based sites to perform lookups in.
- Ability to use arbitrary websites as dictionaries via templated Url patterns.
- Ability to run arbitrary external programs for audio playback or content generation (text-to-speech, man pages etc) (use the latest Git version for this)
- Support for looking up and listening to pronunciations from forvo.com
- Hunspell-based morphology system, used for word stemming and spelling suggestions.
- Ability to index arbitrary directories with audio files for pronunciation lookups.
- Full Unicode case, diacritics, punctuation and whitespace folding. This means the ability to type in words without any accents, correct case, punctuation or spaces (e.g. typing 'Grussen' would yield 'grüßen' in German dictionaries).
- Scan popup functionality. A small window pops up with the translation of a word chosen from another application.
- Support for global hotkeys. You can spawn the program window at any point, or directly translate a word from the clipboard.
- Tabbed browsing in a modern Qt 4 interface.
- Cross-platform: Linux/X11 and Windows + portable to others.
- Free software: GNU GPLv3+ license.
This one in addition to the program itself has two dictionaries (Apresyan En-Ru and Smirnitskiy Ru-En) and English word pronunciations. It allows trying out the program instantly without searching for any dictionary content.
$name = 'goldendict-en-ru-en.install' $installerType = 'exe' $url = 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/goldendict/GoldenDict-1.0.1-1-EnRuEn-Install.exe' $silentArgs = '/S' Install-ChocolateyPackage $name $installerType $silentArgs $url
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- goldendict-en-ru-en.install.1.0.1.nupkg (7570e03b2bd9) - ## / 55
- GoldenDict-1.0.1-1-EnRuEn-Install.exe (1b5aa53cde9b) - ## / 54
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|GoldenDict 1.0.1||771||Wednesday, March 11, 2015||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about GoldenDict and the GoldenDict package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GoldenDict, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.