Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 7.0.5:
17 Jun 2012
Tags:java runtime environment
Java Runtime (JRE)
This is not the latest version of Java Runtime (JRE) available.
7.0.5 | Updated: 17 Jun 2012
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing Unknown
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 24 Nov 2015.
Java allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few. It's also integral to the intranet applications and other e-business solutions that are the foundation of corporate computing.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- javaruntime.7.0.5.nupkg (b1ca3be20b14) - ## / 57
- jre-7u5-windows-i586.exe&BHost=javadl.sun.com&File=jre-7u5-windows-i586.exe&AuthParam=1458306891_38f0dae6b26512359f05f0fe1204ad63&ext=.exe (43edfa7ecde4) - ## / 53
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.231||1035151||Tuesday, October 29, 2019||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.191||501520||Saturday, November 10, 2018||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.181||95295||Thursday, October 4, 2018||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.151||467731||Monday, October 30, 2017||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.144||213251||Friday, August 11, 2017||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.121||452058||Friday, February 17, 2017||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.101||631704||Sunday, September 18, 2016||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.73||181068||Monday, March 21, 2016||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.66||42323||Friday, January 8, 2016||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.60||27947||Sunday, October 25, 2015||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.51||28482||Friday, August 21, 2015||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 8.0.40||75361||Tuesday, March 24, 2015||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.75||54295||Tuesday, January 20, 2015||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.71||35680||Wednesday, October 15, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 220.127.116.1140930||11484||Tuesday, September 30, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 18.104.22.16840907||15016||Saturday, September 6, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.67||12069||Tuesday, August 5, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 22.214.171.12440715||6783||Tuesday, July 15, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.60||12491||Thursday, May 29, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 126.96.36.19940523||3313||Thursday, May 22, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 188.8.131.5240522||568||Thursday, May 22, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 184.108.40.20640521||1828||Wednesday, May 21, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 220.127.116.1140520||1889||Tuesday, May 20, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.55||10857||Wednesday, April 16, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 18.104.22.16840128||11792||Tuesday, January 28, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.51||3495||Tuesday, January 14, 2014||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.45||7060||Wednesday, October 16, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 22.214.171.12431007||1432||Monday, October 7, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.40||2436||Friday, September 13, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.25||4981||Tuesday, June 18, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.21||2618||Wednesday, April 17, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.17||1478||Tuesday, March 5, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.15||985||Wednesday, February 20, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.11||1080||Monday, January 21, 2013||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.9||1203||Wednesday, December 5, 2012||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 126.96.36.199||692||Friday, November 30, 2012||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 7.0.5||2705||Sunday, June 17, 2012||Approved|
|Java Runtime (JRE) 188.8.131.52||1803||Wednesday, April 25, 2012||Approved|
|Jave Runtime (JRE) 6.0.30||2560||Tuesday, January 10, 2012||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Java Runtime (JRE) and the Java Runtime (JRE) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Java Runtime (JRE), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.