Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.1.2:
04 Dec 2016
- Qt Project
Tags:build jom make nmake qt
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 04 Dec 2016.
jom is a clone of nmake to support the execution of multiple independent commands in parallel.
It basically adds the -j command line switch similar to GNU make.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage ` -PackageName 'jom' ` -Url 'https://download.qt.io/official_releases/jom/jom_1_1_2.zip' ` -UnzipLocation "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" ` -Checksum '830CD94ED6518FBE4604A0F5A3322671B4674B87D25A71349C745500D38E85C0FAC4F6995242FC5521EB048E3966BB5EC2A96A06B041343ED8DA9BBA78124F34' ` -ChecksumType 'sha512'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- jom.exe (c75e07b2d702) - ## / 65
- jom_1_1_2.zip (4136b9c5fadc) - ## / 55
- jom.1.1.2.nupkg (930d613a4586) - ## / 56
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
© 2016 The Qt Company Ltd.
This is the changelog for jom 1.1.2, the parallel make tool.
Changes since jom 1.1.1
- Fixed exit code propagation in xgejom.bat and ibjom.bat (QTCREATORBUG-16619).
- Updated the CMake build system to use Qt5.
- Fixed bogus path in error message for failed targets.
- Fixed error "JobClient destroyed while still acquiring." that could be yielded
for failed builds.
- Fixed /k option (QTCREATORBUG-17131).
- Fixed sub-jom detection for chocolatey shims (QTCREATORBUG-15494).
Changes since jom 1.1.0
- Added the special .NOTPARALLEL target that disables parallel build for the
- Fixed glitches in !include directives. Includes like <"foo.mk"> were not
possible. Includes like "foo.mk" did not recursively search through parent
- Introduced the JOMFLAGS environment variable. This is a MAKEFLAGS pendant.
JOMFLAGS is useful to set up separate flags for nmake and jom.
- Renamed ibjom.cmd to ibjom.bat for consistency.
- Added xgejom.bat, a wrapper for the IncrediBuild XGE interface.
- Fixed wildcard handling for subdirectories (QTCREATORBUG-16499).
- Implemented the "build all targets" option (QTCREATORBUG-16500).
Changes since jom 1.0.16
- Restrict the number of parallel jobs in recursively called instances
similar to GNU make's jobserver (QTCREATORBUG-10846).
Changes since jom 1.0.15
- Fix occasional hang on exit (QTCREATORBUG-14600).
Changes since jom 1.0.14
- Fix potential hang on error in a sub-jom.
- Yield error on missing !endif directives (QTCREATORBUG-14211).
- Fix ignoring exit codes greater than 255.
- Fix /DUMPGRAPHDOT option (QTCREATORBUG-14004).
- Fix $? filename macro for nonexistent targets (QTCREATORBUG-14125).
- Fix quoting of dependencies with spaces (QTCREATORBUG-12296).
Changes since jom 1.0.13
- Fix exit code forwarding. (QTCREATORBUG-11556)
- Fix file name macro modifers for $** and $?. (QTCREATORBUG-6932)
- Fix equal signs in semicolon command syntax. (QTCREATORBUG-7942)
- Fix error line numbers for inline files. (QTCREATORBUG-8451)
- Ignore macro assignments in inline files. (QTCREATORBUG-8452)
- Yield error on unexpected !ENDIF directive.
- Support wildcards in dependency lines. (QTCREATORBUG-10439)
- Use IcrediBuild's BuildConsole instead of the XGE interface in ibjom.
Changes since jom 1.0.12
- Fix spurious "Can't start command" error.
- Fix passing of -j argument to subjoms.
- Sanity check the -j argument.
- Fix regression of non-functional set command in command blocks.
- Fix handling of environment variables that would cause a syntax errors in
- Fix handling of environment variables with lowercase names.
Changes since jom 1.0.11
- Performance improvements.
- Fixed whitespace in command line arguments. (QTCREATORBUG-7428)
- Enhanced responsiveness of subjom output.
- Separate output of stdout and stderr.
- Fix the output of silent commands in /n mode. (QTCREATORBUG-7170)
- Implemented the /U switch for dumping inline files.
- Fix expansion of environment variables.
Changes since jom 1.0.10
- Fix exit code for /k command line switch. (QTCREATORBUG-6987)
- Fix spurious 0x0d characters in process output. (QTCREATORBUG-6986)
- Fix process output ordering and printing of large amounts of output
in recursive jom scenarios.
- Improved performance by caching file time stamps.
Changes since jom 1.0.9
- Fix regression that caused jom to fail on Windows XP.
Changes since jom 1.0.8
- The GNU Make option -w is now supported to print the current working
directory before and after other processing.
- Fix crash when specifying a target for an empty makefile.
- Fix lookup for targets in the Makefile's directory. (QTCREATORBUG-6546)
- Fix handling of environment variables. (QTCREATORBUG-6578)
- Specifying an exit code with the '-' command modifier was fixed.
- Fix command modifiers in inference rules. (QTCREATORBUG-6742)
- Fix parsing of the "ignore exit code" command modifier.
- Fix (very rare) deadlock and zombie processes.
- The preprocessor directive !include <file> now looks up files in the
include directories correctly. (QTCREATORBUG-6869)
Changes since jom 1.0.7
- Fix spawning of child processes that expect a valid stdin handle.
E.g. xcopy couldn't be called anymore.
- CMakeList.txt was fixed (thanks to Ryan Pavlik).
Changes since jom 1.0.6
- Fix blank lines in output. (QTCREATORBUG-3974)
- Small performance improvement due to compilation with
QT_USE_FAST_CONCATENATION and QT_USE_FAST_OPERATOR_PLUS.
- Ctrl-C handling has been revisited. Much simpler and more correct.
Before the compiler jobs didn't get a Ctrl-C but were terminated.
- Special .SYNC dependents implemented. See README for a small description.
- Handle quoted dollar signs in inline files correctly. (QTCREATORBUG-2875)
- Respect the MAKEFLAGS environment variable. (QTCREATORBUG-5028)
- Complete detection of cmd builtins. This fixes annoying warnings when building
Changes since jom 1.0.5
- Fix mean monster spawn issue.
Changes since jom 1.0.4
- Fix out of date check for pseudotargets. (QTCREATORBUG-3909)
Changes since jom 1.0.3
- Fix that -j1 wasn't passed to sub jom calls. (QTCREATORBUG-3729)
- /KEEPTEMPFILES was added for debugging purposes. (QTCREATORBUG-3852)
- Performance boost for incremental builds.
- Improved Ctrl-C handling for recursive make.
Changes since jom 1.0.2
- Support variable names with underscores. (QTCREATORBUG-3235)
- Keep order of dependencies on build. This is important for makefiles
lacking complete dependencies. These might fail in parallel builds
- Fix issues wrt environment variables. (QTCREATORBUG-3108)
Changes since jom 1.0.1
- Make target names case insensitive. (QTCREATORBUG-3037)
- Fix reading of include files without newline at the end.
- Repair the cmake project file for jom.
Changes since jom 1.0.0
- Cleaner and faster determination of targets that must be built.
- Fix incomplete up-to-date check for inference rule targets.
- Don't filter comments in inline files. (QTCREATORBUG-2874)
Changes since jom 0.9.4
- Inference rule batch mode implemented.
This improves performance for makefiles that make heavy use of the batch
mode, e.g. qmake generated makefiles.
- Improved command execution. No more batch file writing.
- Macro substitution implemented. Macro expansions like
$(TARGET:suffix=d) are now possible.
- .SUFFIXES content is handled properly.
- Fixed several bugs in file name macro expansion.
- Output of concurrent processes is explicitely separated.
Changes since jom 0.9.3
- Opening files from volume mounted to NTFS directory fixed.
- Output buffering issue fixed. (QTBUG-10798)
Changes since jom 0.9.2
- Support for multiple inline files per command line added.
- Its now possible to use "." as target name. (QTCREATORBUG-1131)
- Support file name macros in the file name part of inline file defitions.
- Multiple file name macros per command line are possible now.
- Single name macro invocation was added.
They can be invoked like this: $A instead of $(A).
- Several bugs related to file name macros have been fixed.
- Handle quoted arguments from command files correctly.
Changes since jom 0.9.1
- Fixed conditionals in preprocessor expressions. (QTCREATORBUG-1091)
- Improved parser error messages. Now we see the file, in which the
error occurred. (QTCREATORBUG-1114)
Changes since jom 0.9.0
- Having too many rules for a target is now a warning and not an error.
- Fixed several bugs in the preprocessor expression parser, e.g.
Changes since jom 0.8.9
- Reset the ERRORLEVEL to zero, if command's exit code should be ignored.
- Command files can be used to pass command line options to jom.
Usage: jom @commands.txt
- ANTLR isn't used anymore. We're using QLALR to generate the parser for
preprocessor expressions now. This makes building jom much easier.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about jom and the jom package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or jom, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.