Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.6:
03 Aug 2019
- Andrew Swaine
Tags:keyferret.install unicode keyboard input
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator gep13 on 05 Aug 2019.
Keyferret is a simple way to type characters that you don't normally find on your keyboard, in any Windows application, using the Right Alt (AltGr) key. For example:
- à: Type a, then RAlt+`
- œ: Type RAlt+oe
- þ (thorn): Type RAlt+t
- – (en dash) : Type RAlt+-
- ½: Type RAlt+1/2
- ²: Type 2, then RAlt++
- ≠: Type =, then RAlt+/
- 𝑥: Type x, then RAlt+\i
- ⊈: Type RAlt+<s=/
- ∰: Type RAlt+=SSSo
- It's free.
- Works in any program (unless it's running under elevated security, such as an installer).
- Interactive help: hold RAlt and it'll show you what you're inserting, or what to press to get related characters. No searching through keystroke tables, just follow the hints as to what to press next.
- You can undo keypresses as you explore the characters available by pressing RAlt+<Backspace>.
- Intuitively enter all characters required by any language using the Latin alphabet (used for most Western languages) all from a single layout.
- Symbols for currencies, dashes, proper quotes, maths, arrows, subscripts/superscripts, ringed letters and numbers, and much more.
- Implements quickly selectable alternate layouts for entering IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) characters, Greek, and Cyrillic text, including historical and rare characters.
- The help includes information on each character from the official Unicode database, giving its name, grouping, and (where relevant) information about how the character should be used.
- If you don't press RAlt, your keyboard works just as before – plays nicely with other programs.
- Access the full power of Unicode combining characters, which enable diacritics to be placed on any character – particularly useful for medieval sequences such as oͤ.
- Designed for US and UK keyboards (where the RAlt key can be safely remapped).
- If you're up for it, you can edit the layout file to add other layouts, symbols and characters (probably necessary if you want to support non US/UK keyboards).
- Takes advantage of the improved Unicode font support in Windows 10, supporting nearly every character Windows can display that is (according to Unicode) based on the Latin, Cyrillic and Greek alphabets.
- Enables typing of all characters defined by MUFI (the Medieval Unicode Font Initiative) version 4.0 that are adopted by Unicode. In order to some of them (primarily combining forms of Latin scribal abbreviations) you will need to install the Junicode font.
- Can be natively installed or run as a no-install utility (for example if you don't have administrator privileges).
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- keyferret.2.6.nupkg (ba67adafe2e3) - ## / 59
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Keyferret 2.6||152||Saturday, August 3, 2019||Approved|
Copyright © 2015-2018 Andrew Swaine.
- This discussion is only about Keyferret and the Keyferret package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Keyferret, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.