Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 29.0-alpha:
01 May 2014
Tags:browser mozilla firefox
This is a prerelease version of Light.
29.0-alpha | Updated: 01 May 2014
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is a prerelease version of Light.
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing Unknown
Scan Testing Exemption for this package version only:
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
A light Firefox edition. Many components are slimmed down. So it can start faster and use less memory.
By default, Light can run along with official firefox. Both x86 and x64 builds are available.
======= Notes =======
Package with VC (more compatible) and new theme version chosen. Test builds.
Installers are located on one of my servers because developer's google drive doesn't provide direct links.
crashreporter skia webm opus ogg wave webrtc jsd gamepad intl-api accessibility webapp sync healthreport safebrowsing pdfjs identity tabview social devtools printing webspeech webgl directshow
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- light.29.0-alpha.nupkg (afdbdeaf235f) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Light 34.0||1468||Monday, December 1, 2014||Approved|
|Light 32.0||541||Sunday, September 7, 2014||Unknown|
|Light 31.0||437||Saturday, August 2, 2014||Unknown|
|Light 30.0||456||Saturday, June 14, 2014||Unknown|
|Light 29.0.20140506-alpha||477||Monday, May 5, 2014||Unknown|
|Light 29.0-alpha||411||Thursday, May 1, 2014||Unknown|
|Light 27.0-alpha||467||Sunday, February 2, 2014||Unknown|
|Light 220.127.116.1130120-alpha||444||Monday, January 20, 2014||Unknown|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Light and the Light package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Light, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.