Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.20201022:
23 Oct 2020
- Manim Contributors
Tags:manim python animation math
1.0.20201022 | Updated: 23 Oct 2020
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was approved by moderator mwallner on 28 Oct 2020.
Due to a version change this package is Deprecated. Use
Manim is an animation engine written in Python primarily used to create explanatory math videos such as those of 3Blue1Brown. It allows for the creation of precise animations programmatically. For more info, see the GitHub repo.
This package aims to simplify the historically painful process of setting up Manim on Windows, by including with it Python 3.8.3, ffmpeg, pycairo and sox. After installation you can execute your animation scripts with manim <file>.py.
File any issues at https://github.com/manimcommunity/manim/issues
NOTE: This package ships with the community version of manim, which is different from https://github.com/3b1b/manim, mainly because it is developed by a team of volunteer developers. This software is currently under development and may be out of date, unstable, buggy, or not even run at all when installed.
NOTE: This is an automatically updated package. If you find it is out of date by more than a week, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- manim.1.0.20201022.nupkg (1c6713c8aedf) - ## / 63
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|[Deprecated] ManimCE 1.0.20201022||602||Friday, October 23, 2020||Approved|
|ManimCE 1.0.20201012||109||Monday, October 12, 2020||Approved|
© Manim Contributors 2020
- This discussion is only about [Deprecated] ManimCE and the [Deprecated] ManimCE package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or [Deprecated] ManimCE, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.