Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 184.108.40.206:
17 Apr 2014
- Jonathan Kay
Tags:notSilent messenger msn chat skype
220.127.116.11 | Updated: 17 Apr 2014
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing FailedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
Messenger Reviver is a messenger repair tool that allows use of Windows Live Messenger even after the migration to Skype.
This simple app can install working versions of Messenger 2012 or Messenger 2009 and also Revive (repair and modify) versions of Messenger 2012, 2011, and 2009 that are already installed.
Reviver checks to see if Messenger is currently installed, which versions can be modified, and if they need any new repairs.
Reviver will even know if Skype automatically removed Messenger. While Reviver will allow you to sign into Messenger for the time being, it will not extend past the full discontinuation date (estimated to be March 2014).
Reviver will offer different options depending on whether or not Messenger is currently installed or if it was installed but removed by Skype.
In the first case you will be able to select from a list of detected versions of Messenger. If Messenger is not installed you can choose to install Messenger 2012 or 2009 (but not 2011) and pick from 47 supported languages.
Finally, if Skype has removed Messenger you will be prompted to begin repairs to restore it.
All of these different processes are very simple and quick, allowing you to use Messenger again. The installations and repairs to the different versions of Messenger do not change or update the programs.
They still function the same as before. Thankfully Reviver is just a great and simple way to maintain your favorite version of Messenger without having to switch to Skype.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- messengerreviver.18.104.22.168.nupkg (f211047a980f) - ## / 56
- MessengerReviver-2-4-7-2.exe (48aaaf768b78) - ## / 55
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Messenger Reviver 22.214.171.124||994||Thursday, April 17, 2014||Unknown|
|Messenger Reviver 126.96.36.199||429||Saturday, February 22, 2014||Unknown|
|Messenger Reviver 188.8.131.52||474||Wednesday, September 11, 2013||Unknown|
|Messenger Reviver 184.108.40.20630517||427||Friday, May 17, 2013||Unknown|
|Messenger Reviver 220.127.116.1130516||442||Wednesday, May 15, 2013||Unknown|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Messenger Reviver and the Messenger Reviver package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Messenger Reviver, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.