Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.19.0:
30 Mar 2021
- Min Browser
Tags:min.portable min browser minbrowser electron chromium
Min Browser (Portable)
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 02 Apr 2021.
Min is a smarter, faster web browser. It includes features such as:
- Information from DuckDuckGo in the search bar.
- Built-in ad and tracker blocking
- Fuzzy search
- Full-text search for visited pages
- Reading list
- Tabs improvements (tabs open to the right, and fade out when inactive).
- Dark theme
More information, and prebuilt binaries are available here.
> Note: Min uses an older version of Chromium, which may be missing security fixes from later versions. More Information
$packageName = 'min.portable' $url32 = 'https://github.com/minbrowser/min/releases/download/v1.19.0/Min-v1.19.0-win32-ia32.zip' $url64 = 'https://github.com/minbrowser/min/releases/download/v1.19.0/Min-v1.19.0-win32-x64.zip' $checksum32 = 'e05d65f25122027c4cb96df5c193af3a93803c6ed46795663a8e45f44f5f813f' $checksum64 = 'caa8b373170fed71c4b7707b1224e4fa6c353502c17fa7f900862bc61098b488' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url32" ` -Url64Bit "$url64" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum32" ` -ChecksumType "sha256" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "sha256" `
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- min.portable.1.19.0.nupkg (9eea582996da) - ## / 61
- Min-v1.19.0-win32-x64.zip (caa8b373170f) - ## / 60
- Min-v1.19.0-win32-ia32.zip (e05d65f25122) - ## / 59
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.19.0||39||Tuesday, March 30, 2021||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.18.1||80||Sunday, February 7, 2021||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.18.0||36||Tuesday, February 2, 2021||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.17.3||96||Saturday, December 19, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.16.1||108||Sunday, November 1, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.16.0||107||Thursday, August 27, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.15.0||137||Thursday, June 18, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.14.1||93||Saturday, May 16, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.14.0||87||Wednesday, April 29, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.13.2||155||Monday, March 16, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.13.0||89||Saturday, March 7, 2020||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.12.0||155||Friday, December 27, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.11.2||121||Wednesday, November 6, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.11.1||140||Wednesday, September 18, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.11.0||116||Sunday, August 18, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.10.1||143||Tuesday, May 21, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.10.0||108||Thursday, May 16, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.9.2||129||Saturday, March 9, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.9.1||102||Tuesday, February 19, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.9.0||128||Monday, February 4, 2019||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.8.1||122||Tuesday, December 18, 2018||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.8.0||125||Tuesday, October 9, 2018||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.7.1||263||Tuesday, March 20, 2018||Approved|
|Min Browser (Portable) 1.7.0||214||Saturday, February 3, 2018||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Min Browser (Portable) and the Min Browser (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Min Browser (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.