Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.16.2:
22 Jul 2020
Tags:minecraft mine craft microsoft mojang java
[Deprecated] Minecraft Launcher
1.16.2 | Updated: 22 Jul 2020
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
[Deprecated] Minecraft Launcher
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 27 Aug 2020.
New package name: minecraft-launcher
minecraft has been deprecated because the launcher now uses versioning that is decoupled from the version of the actual game.
The new package id
minecraft-launcher has versioning that more closely aligns with the actual version of the launcher.
It exists only for backward compatibility to provide a transitional dummy package for existing users and scripts which may still use this package ID.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|[Deprecated] Minecraft Launcher 1.16.2||4084||Wednesday, July 22, 2020||Approved|
- Do not install this package. Install minecraft-launcher package instead.
Existing users - Updating
- Updating this package will automatically install the most recent version of the minecraft-launcher chocolatey package.
- Please update any links, dependencies, or scripts that reference this package to the new package name minecraft-launcher
Existing users - Post-update Cleanup (optional)
choco uninstall minecraft --whatif
- This discussion is only about [Deprecated] Minecraft Launcher and the [Deprecated] Minecraft Launcher package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or [Deprecated] Minecraft Launcher, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.