Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 4.4.4-rc0:
04 Feb 2021
- MongoDB Inc
Tags:cli database nosql admin
This is a prerelease version of MongoDB.
4.4.4-rc0 | Updated: 04 Feb 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is a prerelease version of MongoDB.
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing Exemption:
MongoDB application is only supported on Windows 10/Windows 2016 or later. See https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-windows/#platform-support
Scan Testing Successful:
No detections found in any package files
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 04 Feb 2021.
MongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database written in C++.
MongoDB stores data using a flexible document data model that is similar to JSON. Documents contain one or more fields, including arrays, binary data and sub-documents. Fields can vary from document to document. This flexibility allows development teams to evolve the data model rapidly as their application requirements change.
Developers access documents through rich, idiomatic drivers available in all popular programming languages. Documents map naturally to the objects in modern languages, which allows developers to be extremely productive. Typically, there’s no need for an ORM layer.
The following package parameters can be set:
/dataPath:- where MongoDB stores its database files - defaults to "$env:ProgramData\MongoDB\data\db"
/logPath:- where MongoDB stores its logs - defaults to "$env:ProgramData\MongoDB\log"
To pass parameters, use
--params "''" (e.g.
choco install packageID [other options] --params="'/ITEM:value /ITEM2:value2 /FLAG_BOOLEAN'").
To have choco remember parameters on upgrade, be sure to set
choco feature enable -n=useRememberedArgumentsForUpgrades.
Please Note: This is an automatically updated package. If you find it is
out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and
let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- mongodb.4.4.4-rc0.nupkg (503e5e7f2eba) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|MongoDB 4.9.0-rc1||14||Thursday, May 6, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.9.0-rc0||173||Thursday, March 25, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.6-rc0||3||Thursday, May 6, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.5||2086||Thursday, April 8, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.5-rc0||4||Friday, April 2, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.4||3311||Tuesday, February 16, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.4-rc1||45||Wednesday, February 10, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.4-rc0||57||Thursday, February 4, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.3||2968||Monday, January 4, 2021||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.3-rc0||115||Wednesday, December 16, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.2||2819||Wednesday, November 18, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.2-rc1||50||Wednesday, November 11, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.2-rc0||83||Thursday, October 29, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.1||3843||Wednesday, September 9, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.1-rc3||92||Wednesday, September 2, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.1-rc2||72||Thursday, August 27, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.1-rc1||58||Tuesday, August 25, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.1-rc0||55||Saturday, August 22, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 184.108.40.20600814||1655||Friday, August 14, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.4.0||454||Saturday, August 1, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.8||3624||Tuesday, June 16, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.7||1636||Monday, May 25, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.6||1919||Monday, April 20, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.5||1396||Tuesday, March 24, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.4||1435||Thursday, March 12, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.3||5253||Tuesday, January 28, 2020||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.2||3270||Tuesday, December 10, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.1||3176||Friday, October 18, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.2.0||4907||Sunday, August 18, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.12||967||Friday, August 9, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.11||3815||Saturday, July 27, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.10||7294||Thursday, May 30, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.9||2392||Tuesday, April 16, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.8||1230||Friday, March 29, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.7||473||Monday, March 25, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.6||2482||Thursday, February 7, 2019||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.5||1997||Thursday, December 20, 2018||Approved|
|MongoDB 4.0.4||834||Sunday, December 9, 2018||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.6.0||21361||Tuesday, December 19, 2017||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.4.7||15286||Tuesday, August 8, 2017||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.4.6||1214||Tuesday, July 18, 2017||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.4.5||1135||Monday, July 3, 2017||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.2.10||7111||Thursday, October 27, 2016||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.2.9||2578||Tuesday, August 16, 2016||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.2.8||7190||Wednesday, July 20, 2016||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.2.7||502||Tuesday, June 7, 2016||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.2.6||890||Friday, May 27, 2016||Approved|
|MongoDB 3.0.3||6249||Wednesday, May 20, 2015||Approved|
|MongoDB 220.127.116.11||6318||Sunday, December 22, 2013||Approved|
|MongoDB 18.104.22.168||2037||Friday, September 28, 2012||Approved|
|MongoDB 22.214.171.124||681||Monday, February 6, 2012||Approved|
|MongoDB 126.96.36.199||453||Monday, February 6, 2012||Approved|
- This discussion is only about MongoDB and the MongoDB package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or MongoDB, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.