Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.1:
27 May 2019
- Cameron Gutman
- Diego Waxemberg
- Aaron Neyer
- Michelle Bergeron
- Andrew Hennessy and Aidan Campbell.
Tags:moonlight-qt nvidia gametream client
This is not the latest version of Moonlight PC available.
1.0.1 | Updated: 27 May 2019
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator mkevenaar on 02 Jun 2019.
What is Moonlight?
Moonlight allows you to play your PC games on almost any device, whether you're in another room or miles away from your gaming rig.
Moonlight (formerly Limelight) is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. We implemented the protocol used by the NVIDIA Shield and wrote a set of 3rd party clients.
You can stream your collection of PC games from your GameStream-compatible PC to any supported device and play them remotely. Moonlight is perfect for gaming on the go without sacrificing the graphics and game selection available on PC.
Stream at up to 4K resolution
If you can see it on your PC, you can stream it using Moonlight, including your full Windows desktop at 4K 120 FPS with a capable client.
Support for 120 FPS streaming
Stream at up to 120 FPS using the new Moonlight PC client with the option to disable V-Sync for the lowest possible latency.
Stream outside your home
You can host from most home networks without having to do any manual configuration or type any IP addresses. Check out the automatic configuration tool in our Setup Guide.
If you have an Android device, iOS device, PC or Mac, Chromebook, PS Vita, or even a Raspberry Pi, you can use Moonlight to stream to it.
The code for our Moonlight clients is hosted on GitHub under the GPLv3 license. We welcome contributions and would be happy to help with ports to new platforms.
Moonlight is a project run by the community, not a company. We have no interest in pushing ads, bundled services, paid versions with extra features, or subscriptions.
Who they are
Moonlight was created by Case Western Reserve University students as a project at the MHacks hackathon in 2013 and further developed at MHacks and HackCWRU in 2014.
- Cameron Gutman
- Diego Waxemberg
- Aaron Neyer
- Michelle Bergeron
- Andrew Hennessy
- Aidan Campbell
Moonlight developers are not accepting monetary donations at this time and currently have no plans to do so. Instead, please direct any donations toward the Case Western Reserve University Hacker Society - the birthplace of Moonlight, Hacker Society is a club for CWRU students of all skill levels and backgrounds to explore computer science outside of school. If you still insist on donating, you may do so here. (Choose
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- moonlight-qt.1.0.1.nupkg (71b9c44866cf) - ## / 61
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Moonlight PC 3.1.3||113||Saturday, May 8, 2021||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 3.1.2||72||Tuesday, May 4, 2021||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 3.1.1||172||Saturday, April 10, 2021||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 3.1.0||176||Monday, March 15, 2021||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 3.0.0||252||Thursday, February 4, 2021||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 2.2.0||492||Thursday, September 10, 2020||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 2.1.0||377||Sunday, May 17, 2020||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 1.2.1||383||Sunday, December 22, 2019||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 1.2.0||108||Wednesday, December 18, 2019||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 1.1.1||179||Monday, September 30, 2019||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 1.1.0||142||Tuesday, August 6, 2019||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 1.0.1||165||Monday, May 27, 2019||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 1.0.0||118||Monday, May 27, 2019||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 0.8.0||206||Sunday, December 30, 2018||Approved|
|Moonlight PC 0.7.0||159||Thursday, December 20, 2018||Approved|
© 2019. All rights reserved.
- This discussion is only about Moonlight PC and the Moonlight PC package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Moonlight PC, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.