Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2020.12.06:
08 Jan 2021
- mpv team
Tags:mpv video media player multimedia
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 08 Jan 2021.
a free, open source, and cross-platform media player
mpv is a free (as in freedom) media player for the command line. It supports a wide variety of media file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types.
Powerful scripting capabilities can make the player do almost anything. There is a large selection of user scripts on the wiki.
On Screen Controller
While mpv strives for minimalism and provides no real GUI, it has a small controller on top of the video for basic control.
High quality video output
mpv has an OpenGL, Vulkan, and D3D11 based video output that is capable of many features loved by videophiles, such as video scaling with popular high quality algorithms, color management, frame timing, interpolation, HDR, and more.
GPU video decoding
mpv can leverage most hardware decoding APIs on all platforms. Hardware decoding can be enabled at runtime on demand.
A straightforward C API was designed from the ground up to make mpv usable as a library and facilitate easy integration into other applications.
mpv is under active development, focusing on code refactoring and cleanups as well as adding features. Want a feature? Post a patch or request it!
#Install-VirtualPackage 'mpv.portable' 'mpv.install'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- mpv.2020.12.06.nupkg (c179a22fbce8) - ## / 63
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|mpv 2020.12.06||12746||Friday, January 8, 2021||Approved|
|mpv 2020.1.27||22642||Tuesday, March 17, 2020||Approved|
|mpv 2019.12.29||5444||Thursday, January 23, 2020||Approved|
|mpv 2019.11.02||6264||Monday, November 11, 2019||Approved|
|mpv 2018.10.02||9699||Wednesday, October 3, 2018||Approved|
|mpv 2018.07.31||151||Wednesday, August 1, 2018||Approved|
|mpv 2018.07.22||2502||Tuesday, July 24, 2018||Approved|
|mpv 2017.12.25||4371||Saturday, December 30, 2017||Approved|
|mpv 2017.09.13||2763||Wednesday, September 13, 2017||Approved|
|mpv 2017.07.18||1737||Thursday, July 20, 2017||Approved|
|mpv 2017.04.23||1728||Wednesday, April 26, 2017||Approved|
|mpv 2017.02.12||1463||Tuesday, February 14, 2017||Approved|
|mpv 2016.12.25||1133||Monday, December 26, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.11.20||977||Wednesday, November 23, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.10.20||1035||Friday, October 21, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.08.26||784||Wednesday, September 7, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.08.16||860||Thursday, August 18, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.07.10||503||Monday, July 11, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.06.25||298||Saturday, June 25, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.04.11.1||342||Monday, May 9, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.04.11||512||Friday, April 15, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.02.29||611||Monday, February 29, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2016.01.18||586||Tuesday, January 19, 2016||Approved|
|mpv 2015.12.11||508||Tuesday, December 29, 2015||Approved|
|mpv Player 0.14.0.20151229||351||Tuesday, December 29, 2015||Approved|
|mpv Player 0.14.0||400||Saturday, December 26, 2015||Approved|
|mpv 0.9.2||457||Monday, August 24, 2015||Approved|
|mpv 0.8.0||363||Saturday, February 21, 2015||Approved|
|mpv 0.7.3||1070||Sunday, February 1, 2015||Approved|
|mpv 0.7.2||470||Wednesday, December 31, 2014||Approved|
- This discussion is only about mpv and the mpv package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or mpv, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.