Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 188.8.131.527:
28 Mar 2016
- Daniel Gehriger
Tags:msi2xml MSI extraction xml converter wix
MSI2XML / XML2MSI
184.108.40.2067 | Updated: 28 Mar 2016
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
MSI2XML / XML2MSI
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved by moderator doc on 29 Mar 2016.
MSI2XML is a Windows Installer database to xml bi-directional converter.
Features of msi2xml
- Includes binary streams as MIME (base64) encoded text in the XML file.
- Alternatively writes binary streams as external files and includes them by references in the XML file.
- Ensures integrity of binary streams by including a MD5 fingerprint.
- Includes a default style sheet to display the XML file as a web page in Internet Explorer 5.
- Sorts rows according to key columns.
- Version control friendly: time stamps of binary files only change when the file's content changes.
Features of xml2msi
- Instead of including field data in the XML file, an external reference may be specified instead (href). Both, URLs and local paths are resolved dynamically.
- Accepts an MD5 checksum for all data fields, to ensure data integrity.
- Automatically sets the correct column types for the standard tables.
- Validates the data types for standard table columns.
Usage of msi2xml
More detailed usage information at Usage of msi2xml.
msi2xml [-q] [-n] [-m] [-e ENCODING] [-s [STYLESHEET]] [-b [DIR]] [-c [DIR[,MEDIACABS]] [-o XMLFILE] file
-q --quiet quiet processing -n --no-sort disable sorting of rows -m --merge-module convert a merge module (.msm) -e --encoding=ENCODING force XML encoding to ENCODING (default is US-ASCII) -s --stylesheet disable default XSL stylesheet -s --stylesheet=NAME use XSL stylesheet NAME -b --dump-streams=DIR save binary streams to DIR subdirectory -c --extract-cabs=DIR,MEDIAS extract content of cabinet files of MEDIAS to DIR (see notes) -o --output=FILE write MSI file to FILE
Usage of xml2msi
More detailed usage information at Usage of xml2msi.
xml2msi [-m] [-p PREFIX] [-c [GUID]] [-d [GUID]] [-g [GUID]] [-v VERSION] [-r [VERSION]] [-u [XMLFILE]] [-s "PROPERTY= VALUE"] [-o MSIFILE] XMLFILE
-q --quiet quiet processing -m --ignore-md5 treat failed MD5 checks as warnings -p --href-prefix=PREFIX prepend PREFIX to external references (href) -c --package-code=GUID update package code (with GUID, see notes) -d --product-code=GUID update product code (with GUID, see notes) -g --upgrade-code=GUID update upgrade code (with GUID, see notes) -v --product-version=VER update product version with VER (see notes) -r --upgrade-version=VER update 'Upgrade' table entry 'VersionMax' (uses product version if VER omited, also see notes) -u --update-xml=FILE write updated XML to FILE (or update input file if FILE omited) -s --set="PROPERTY=VALUE" set/update PROPERTY in Property table to VALUE (repeat option for setting multiple properties) -o --output=FILE write MSI file to FILE
From : http://msi2xml.sourceforge.net/ License The binaries and part of the source files are distributed under the terms of the MIT License: Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Daniel Gehriger Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
md5: BFF1548EA50935507145600B08DE4D63 | sha1: B9DD8C39F4B0D367B646FFEA8BE1F699B97BAB47 | sha256: 67F8B3211219FB4D7C02875DBFBFF1D155E7C1A7F90F930018F8DFD7A725C05F | sha512: BAC0D72B608D509E6B307280B8A767C9C664A932E31904F2F5863409A47D60511B8CF8CCC685E2B02A8299CB0841EB37331332E4368B5C993D0BB17763EF8409
md5: 89E377F919C21C04F11B12CC6B4A2241 | sha1: 436D68AB440545000FE7A207115A2B0329E64F07 | sha256: F08FD038CFAB2D26C0C687F17A4BC342A5403FF051C06AE1B17F810EF569021C | sha512: 0DDA45591A8CEAC0DA2D254CA3CAEFE2A8991B12675AB8E2E8756EC8F0DCDAFF5CC49FC76740E707140C0BBB0EF48FA05532D423D074601A395CF6780CE985E9
These files were obtained from downloading and unzipping https://sourceforge.net/projects/msi2xml/files/msi2xml/2.2.1/msi2xml-220.127.116.117-bin.zip/download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/msi2xml/files/msi2xml/2.2.1/. The checksums should match up with what unzipping the download produces.
md5: BD2CBCD08C7735257F0D3DE847E0CF86 | sha1: 78450AC6B1C1683A01D84F12CEA1F87245A5F0E1 | sha256: 48E8BCD1289ACCA14F1DE180C5029850D96EC834D426361CC87D1AEA6DB8DB72 | sha512: 1CF7EC7ED02A0B1D4CBCF390361798662EC6D498007DF46F1BB86960768752FD83806A1C6E5ADD9240945734A33901CDF15FA34B726CDE360283DA23496D05E2
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- msi2xml.18.104.22.1687.nupkg (64e1c3e51fd1) - ## / 58
- msi2xml.exe (67f8b3211219) - ## / 53
- unicows.dll (f08fd038cfab) - ## / 57
- xml2msi.exe (48e8bcd1289a) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|MSI2XML / XML2MSI 22.214.171.1247||966||Monday, March 28, 2016||Approved|
© 2001-2007 Daniel Gehriger
27-September-2007 Release 2.2.0
- [ #1509709 ] Using MSXML 6.0 or MSXML 6.0 SP 1 (pre-installed on Windows Vista and included with .NET Framework 2.0; otherwise download from here.)
- Fixed bug [ #1469822 ] Invalid XML characters are base-64 encoded
- Coloring error / warning / notice / status messages in red / yellow / green / white
- Fixed bug [ Forum ] "The table contains non-unique primary keys"
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 7
- Updated to VisualC++ 2005 (VC8)
- Fixed resource loading
- Icorporated patch [ #1406769 ] Improved save to disk in XML
- Fixed bug [ #1469818 ] Runtime error when missing external CAB encountered
- Fixed bug [ #907971 ] Continuing after MSI errors when dumping tables
18-September-2005 Release 2.1.11
- Added -Q switch to suppress banner
15-August-2005 Release 2.1.9
- added switch to set / update values in Property table (see new switch -s in xml2msi)
16-February-2004 Release 2.1.8
- added merge module support (see new switch -m in msi2xml)
11-December-2003 Release 2.1.7
- fixed date formatting error resulting in "Failed to convert the MSI database!" error message
9-December-2003 Release 2.1.6
- fixed error message when empty node encountered
11-November-2002 Release 2.1.5
- fixed decompression of zero-size files
- fixed decompression of cabs in the _Streams pseudo table
7-November-2002 Release 2.1.4
- fixed compression of zero-size files
6-November-2002 Release 2.1.3
- fixed command line parsing
6-November-2002 Release 2.1.2
- completed -c (--extract-cabs) switch with comma-separated list of media cabs to extract
4-November-2002 Release 2.1.1
- fixed MsiFileHash calcuation
- added tooltips with column information to the default stylesheet
4-November-2002 Release 2.1.0
- added long command line options support
- added new options to xml2msi to update/generated GUID for product/package/upgrade codes, product version
- added new option to update 'Update' table with new version number
3-November-2002 Release 2.0.0
- added cabinet file decompression / compression support
- new option for xml2msi writes out update XML containing new version numbers, MD5 hashes, etc.
27-October-2002 Release 1.4.3
- Fixed "-d" option in msi2xml.
20-August-2002 Release 1.4.2
- Fixed mysterious md5 string bug simply by recompiling...
- I am distributing only the Unicode version now. Win9X support is provided through unicow.dll.
- Reformatted source.
6-August-2002 Release 1.4.1
- Fixed bug [ #578884 ] msi2xml.cpp missing #include <limits>.
- Fixed bug [ #578888 ] Inappropriate HRESULTS thrown.
14-April-2002 Release 1.4.0
- Fixed syntax error in xml-stylesheet PI
- Updated to MSXML 4.0
- Created VC.NET project files
- Put #import statement in conditional clause, to allow for compilation with gcc.
14-January-2002 Release 1.3.0
- Fixed bug [ #502029 ] msi2xml drops the code page value.
- Fixed bug [ #502444 ] xml2msi failed to read Japanese chars.
- Added "codepage" attribute to <msi> tag.
- Changed default XML encoding to US-ASCII (non-US-ASCII characters will be encoded as &#xnnnn; where nnnn is the character's Unicode value.
- Changed to MSXML 4.0
- Fixed bug in table row sorting.
- Made all buffers dynamic.
- Added validation info for new Windows Installer 2.0 tables.
5-January-2002 Release 1.2.1
- Fixed bug [ #492069 ] Invalid character in xml output.
15-Nov-2001 Release 1.2.0
- Huge bug fix: unreferenced binary streams were not exported by previous versions. Msi2xml now exports ALL binary streams, and places unreferenced streams in the _Streams table. (Note that it does not matter if streams appear in a regular table and again in the _Streams pseudo table, as long as the name value is of the form Table.StreamId.)
- Added -p command line switch to xml2msi to specify a path prefix for external references.
25-Sept-2001 Release 1.1.10 - Added -d command line switch to msi2xml to disable datatypes in XML file.
8-June-2001 Release 1.1.9
- Failed missing Summary Properties in XML2MSI.
28-May-2001 Release 1.1.8
- Fixed failed conversion when Summary Property empty in XML file.
14-May-2001 Release 1.1.7
- Fixed crash in xml2msi when checksum verification fails.
10-May-2001 Release 1.1.6
- Msi2xml no longer issues an "Unknown Property" error if some of the Summary Info Properties are missing.
9-May-2001 Release 1.1.5
- Msi2xml does not change the time stamps of external binary streams if their content has not changed.
- Speed improvements for msi2xml (80% faster).
- Added cross-referencing hyperlinks to style sheet.
8-May-2001 Release 1.1.4
- Added summary information to XSL style sheet (contributed by Dan Rolander).
7-May-2001 Release 1.1.3
- Added sorting according to all key columns.
4-May-2001 Release 1.1.2
- Added option to sort rows according to the first field (enabled by default).
2-May-2001 Release 1.1.0
- Initial release of xml2msi/msi2xml 1.1
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about MSI2XML / XML2MSI and the MSI2XML / XML2MSI package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or MSI2XML / XML2MSI, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.