Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 5.2.1:
22 Jul 2021
- Iros Software
Tags:mstream music mp3 flac server foss cross-platform
This is not the latest version of mstream available.
5.2.1 | Updated: 22 Jul 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 22 Jul 2021.
mStream aims to be the simplest music streaming software around. mStream software will always be free and never have any advertisements
mStream is the name of the entire project. Each piece of software is given name like 'mStream Something'
mStream Server is the backbone behind the entire project. It's a music streaming server written with NodeJS. The code is available on github and you can use it to setup your own server, but it's going to take some work and it has a few dependencies.
mStream Express is a special version of the server the comes with all the dependencies pre-packaged. It also comes with a GUI config tool to makes setup as simple as possible. These modifications allow mStream Express to be run without installing anything.
Development of mStream was started around 2012. I had grown up using Winamp and at this point it was clear that it was time to move to something else. There was old PC collecting dust in my closet so I put Ubuntu on it, moved all my music to it, and started writing scripts to organize my collection's metadata. After a few weeks I had my own, primitive, music streaming service.
mStream Server was worked on as a hobby project for the next few years. During that time I experimented with different server software and rewrote the whole thing from scratch at least twice. Finally I settled on using NodeJS and started work on the latest version of mStream Server. I put this code on Github and one day someone posted a bug about the code crashing on Windows. At this point I had only run it on Linux. It took me a day to get it to install it on Windows, and another half a day to cleanup some Windows exclusive bugs. I still don't recommend installing mStream Server on Windows, it hasn't gotten much easier since then.
That whole Windows ordeal got me curious how other server software handled working on windows. The short answer is: not well. Every server I tried took a lot of time and technical knowledge to get up and running on Windows. So I came up with a challenge, to make a version of mStream Server that could be setup on Windows in under 5 minutes.
mStream Express is the product of this self-imposed challenge. It's so simple that you can get a server up and running in under a minute.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- mstream.5.2.1.nupkg (674d4d558206) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|mstream 5.7.2||15||Tuesday, October 5, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.7.0||14||Monday, October 4, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.6.1||13||Saturday, October 2, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.5.0||11||Wednesday, September 29, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.4.3||14||Tuesday, September 28, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.4.0||13||Monday, September 27, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.3.0||16||Saturday, September 25, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.2.9||21||Tuesday, August 24, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.2.5||16||Thursday, August 12, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.2.1||21||Thursday, July 22, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.2.0||19||Friday, June 25, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.1.18||20||Friday, June 11, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.1.16||22||Thursday, June 10, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.1.11||22||Wednesday, June 9, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 5.1.9||17||Monday, June 7, 2021||Approved|
|mstream 4.5.3||301||Sunday, December 15, 2019||Approved|
|mstream 4.2.1||176||Thursday, May 9, 2019||Approved|
|mstream 4.2.0||109||Wednesday, May 1, 2019||Approved|
|mstream 4.1.2||97||Tuesday, April 30, 2019||Approved|
|mstream 4.0.1||126||Sunday, March 24, 2019||Approved|
|mstream 0.6||306||Saturday, January 27, 2018||Approved|
- This discussion is only about mstream and the mstream package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or mstream, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.