Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 18.104.22.168:
09 Mar 2021
Tags:notepad3 notepad notepad2 text editor meta
22.214.171.124 | Updated: 09 Mar 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 09 Mar 2021.
Changes in Notepad3 compared to Notepad2
- Code folding
- Support for bookmarks
- Option to mark all occurrences of a word
- Updated Scintilla component
- Word auto-completion
- Syntax highlighting support for AutoHotkey, AutoIt3, AviSynth, Bash, CMake, CoffeeScript, Inno Setup, LaTeX, Lua, Markdown, NSIS, Ruby, Tcl, YAML and VHDL scripts
- Improved support for NFO ANSI art
- Support for replacing Windows Notepad using a clean, unintrusive registry-based method
- New toolbar icons based on Yusuke Kamiyaman's Fugue Icons (Purchased by Rizonesoft)
- New program icon and other small cosmetic changes
- High-DPI awareness, including high definition toolbar icons
- In-App support for AES-256 Rijndael encryption of files (incl. external commandline tool for batch processing)
- Multiline Regular Expression search engine (DeelX)
- Undo/Redo preserves selection
- Virtual Space rectangular selection box (Alt-Key down)
- Accelerated word navigation
- Preserve caret position of items in file history
- Visual Studio style copy/paste current line (no selection)
- Count occurrences of a marked selection or word
- Insert GUIDs
- Dropped support for Windows XP version
- Other various minor changes, tweaks and bugfixes
Changes in MiniPath compared to metapath
- Project upgraded to Visual C++ 2017
- 64-bit version
- New toolbar icons based on Yusuke Kamiyaman's Fugue Icons
- Purchased by Rizonesoft
- Installation bundled with Notepad3
- Minor cosmetic changes
# This is just a virtual package for notepad3.install
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- notepad126.96.36.199.1.nupkg (b5fb3c3519cf) - ## / 61
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Notepad3 188.8.131.52||2570||Tuesday, March 9, 2021||Approved|
|Notepad3 5.20.915.1||3353||Monday, September 28, 2020||Approved|
|Notepad3 5.20.722.1||1381||Tuesday, July 28, 2020||Approved|
|Notepad3 5.20.414.1||1553||Wednesday, May 13, 2020||Approved|
|Notepad3 5.19.815.2595||3278||Tuesday, August 27, 2019||Approved|
|Notepad3 5.19.630.2381||1070||Friday, July 5, 2019||Approved|
|Notepad3 184.108.40.2062||1775||Saturday, January 19, 2019||Approved|
|Notepad3 4.18.512.992||2913||Friday, May 18, 2018||Approved|
|Notepad3 3.18.311.928||660||Monday, March 12, 2018||Approved|
|Notepad3 220.127.116.118||362||Wednesday, February 28, 2018||Approved|
|Notepad3 18.104.22.1682||460||Monday, February 12, 2018||Approved|
|Notepad3 22.214.171.1248||399||Wednesday, January 17, 2018||Approved|
|Notepad3 126.96.36.1992||313||Friday, January 12, 2018||Approved|
|Notepad3 3.17.1228.783||309||Tuesday, January 2, 2018||Approved|
|Notepad3 3.17.1210.729||343||Monday, December 11, 2017||Approved|
|Notepad3 3.17.1124.693||300||Friday, December 1, 2017||Approved|
|Notepad3 2.17.1016.610||407||Wednesday, October 18, 2017||Approved|
|Notepad3 2.17.1003.548||300||Thursday, October 5, 2017||Approved|
|Notepad3 2.17.923.505||304||Monday, September 25, 2017||Approved|
|Notepad3 2.17.905.491||264||Tuesday, September 19, 2017||Approved|
|Notepad3 188.8.131.523||343||Friday, September 1, 2017||Approved|
Copyright © 2008-2016 Rizonesoft
- This discussion is only about Notepad3 and the Notepad3 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Notepad3, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.