Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2014.3:
14 Oct 2014
This is not the latest version of openscad available.
2014.3 | Updated: 14 Oct 2014
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing Unknown
Scan Testing Successful:
No detections found in any package files
There are versions of this package awaiting moderation . See the Version History section below.
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
OpenSCAD is a software for creating solid 3D CAD models. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, Windows and Mac OS X. Unlike most free software for creating 3D models (such as Blender) it does not focus on the artistic aspects of 3D modelling but instead on the CAD aspects. Thus it might be the application you are looking for when you are planning to create 3D models of machine parts but pretty sure is not what you are looking for when you are more interested in creating computer-animated movies.
OpenSCAD is not an interactive modeller. Instead it is something like a 3D-compiler that reads in a script file that describes the object and renders the 3D model from this script file. This gives you (the designer) full control over the modelling process and enables you to easily change any step in the modelling process or make designs that are defined by configurable parameters.
OpenSCAD provides two main modelling techniques: First there is constructive solid geometry (aka CSG) and second there is extrusion of 2D outlines. As data exchange format format for this 2D outlines Autocad DXF files are used. In addition to 2D paths for extrusion it is also possible to read design parameters from DXF files. Besides DXF files OpenSCAD can read and create 3D models in the STL and OFF file formats.
$packageName = 'openscad' # arbitrary name for the package, used in messages $url = 'http://files.openscad.org/OpenSCAD-2014.03-x86-32-Installer.exe' $url64 = 'http://files.openscad.org/OpenSCAD-2014.03-x86-64-Installer.exe' Install-ChocolateyPackage "$packageName" "exe" "/S" "$url" "$url64"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- openscad.2014.3.nupkg (4f3b02cd2077) - ## / 57
- OpenSCAD-2014.03-x86-64-Installer.exe (140642aca6f1) - ## / 55
- OpenSCAD-2014.03-x86-32-Installer.exe (d14ad6879102) - ## / 53
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|openscad - The Programmers Solid 3D CAD Modeller 2021.01||7||Sunday, July 18, 2021||Ready|
|openscad - The Programmers Solid 3D CAD Modeller 2019.05||3271||Sunday, June 2, 2019||Approved|
|openscad 2015.03.02||2213||Saturday, February 27, 2016||Approved|
|openscad 2015.03.01||463||Tuesday, September 8, 2015||Approved|
|openscad 2014.3||581||Tuesday, October 14, 2014||Unknown|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about openscad and the openscad package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or openscad, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.