Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.2.3:
05 Feb 2021
- David Barton
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator TheCakeIsNaOH on 23 Feb 2021.
Under Linux there aren’t many freely available vector graphics editors and as far as I know there are none that can edit EPS (encapsulated postscript) and PDF (portable document format) files. I produce lots of these files in my day-to-day work and I would like to be able to edit them. The best vector graphics editor I have found so far is Inkscape but it only reads SVG files… (Edit: recent versions can import PDFs but I’m not entirely happy with how text is imported; in particular, that fonts are not imported from the PDF.)
To overcome this problem I have written a very small utility to convert PDF files to SVG files using Popplerand Cairo. Version 0.2.3 is available here (with modifications by Matthew Flaschen and Ed Grace). This appears to work on any PDF document that Poppler can read (try them in XPDF or Evince since they both use Poppler).
So now it is possible to easily edit PDF documents with your favourite SVG editor! One other alternative would be to use pstoedit but the commercial SVG module costs (unsurprisingly!) and the free SVG module is not very good at handling text…
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'pdf2svg-win' # arbitrary name for the package, used in messages $url = 'https://github.com/jalios/pdf2svg-windows/archive/v1.0.zip' $validExitCodes = @(0) #please insert other valid exit codes here, exit codes for ms http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368542(VS.85).aspx $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $checksum = 'A1CEB4F34EE0A33DDA5D5A5AF0079AFE' $checksumType ='md5' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$toolsDir" -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'pdf2svg.exe' $zipFileName = 'pdf2svg-windows-1.0.zip' Uninstall-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName $packageName $zipFileName
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|pdf2svg-win (Install) 0.2.3||120||Friday, February 5, 2021||Approved|
Copyright © 2007-2015 David Barton Copyright © 2007 Matthew Flaschen; Updated to allow conversion of all pages at once. Copyright © 2008 Ed Grace; Added GNU Autotools commands.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about pdf2svg-win (Install) and the pdf2svg-win (Install) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or pdf2svg-win (Install), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.